Click it or ticket campaign

(TIMMYDUCK @ May 22 2007,20:24) Too bad that about 70 % of the people still yack on cell phones without their hands free sets , no matter what the law says.
this is exactly what i am talking about...i realize that talking on a handset while driving is endangering others so i had a complete bluetooth setup put in the cage complete with microphone, speaker, and radio mute so i don't have any more distraction than if i was just talking to a passenger...i don't have a problem with laws like that, just the ones where they try to regulate my PERSONAL life where it doesn't affect others

It is about safety and it's nation wide. I'm glad those that don't believe haven't had to see and do the things I've had to do over the years. Senseless waste. Eject, rollover, die, identify, notify.

(dadofthree @ May 22 2007,22:01) It is about safety and it's nation wide. I'm glad those that don't believe haven't had to see and do the things I've had to do over the years. Senseless waste. Eject, rollover, die, identify, notify.
I was wondering when you would check in on this one. Good points
beerchug.gif

I got one last month, here in California it was $151.00. The real pisser is that I always wear my seat belt just sometimes get a little ahead of my self and start driving then put the damn thing on, that's exactly what I did, pulled out of a driveway onto a street reached over and put the belt on, only problem is their was a CHP on the other side of the road writing someone a ticket and he looked right at me and I at him, he dropped what he was doin & jumped in his car and flipped a Uey and was literally doin about 85 in a 25 MPH zone in front of an Elementry School to catch up to me, damn near ran into the back of me at the next stop sign, lights a flashin & sirens a blaren...WTF This guy was really pissed that I wasn't wearing a seat belt and in his opinion I only put it on because he looked at me, WHATEVER....Why waste my breath...Frickin Grow Up. I saw the commercial last night and it stated that "Cops Are Writing Tickets To Save Lives".......WHO IN THE F@*%!+ DO THEY THINK THEY ARE KIDDING.... CAN ANYONE SAY GOVERNMENT GREED?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? Just out of curiousity I crunched some numbers, Seems they are running this REVENUE PROGRAM nationwide let's say they were to only write 100 tickets daily in each state (actual numbers have got to be higher than that) That's 5,200 tickets daily which at $151.00 each that comes out to $785,200.00 a day in REVENUE. Annually that comes out to $286,598.000.00 , Yup! Two Hundred and Eighty Six and a one half MILLION Dollars.

Now does anyone care to debate the Red light cameras? $351.00 to accidently run a red light, OH THAT'S RIGHT, THOSE ARE DESIGNED AS A DETERANT SO FOLKS DON'T PURPOSELY RUN RED LIGHTS, Couldn't possibly be just another REVENUE PROGRAM, COULD IT?

PERSONALLY I THINK GOVERNMENT (at all levels) IS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL, THEIR LUST FOR POWER AND GREED FOR WEALTH IS UTTERLY OBSCENE!!!

rock.gif

While I dont agree with fighting speeding tickets, I would fight this one. To pull such a stunt, 85 in a 25 by a school zone is complete bs! Wreckless endangerment for a minor offence is likely not looked on too kindly by the Judge. It's not like you pulled out of the driveway sideways and were drifting past him when he saw you.
Likely some new rookie stud trying to make his mark.

(V-Max 2 Busa @ May 22 2007,19:32) I got one last month, here in California it was $151.00.  The real pisser is that I always wear my seat belt just sometimes get a little ahead of my self and start driving then put the damn thing on, that's exactly what I did, pulled out of a driveway onto a street reached over and put the belt on, only problem is their was a CHP on the other side of the road writing someone a ticket and he looked right at me and I at him, he dropped what he was doin & jumped in his car and flipped a Uey and was literally doin about 85 in a 25 MPH zone in front of an Elementry School to catch up to me, damn near ran into the back of me at the next stop sign, lights a flashin & sirens a blaren...WTF  This guy was really pissed that I wasn't wearing a seat belt and in his opinion I only put it on because he looked at me, WHATEVER....Why waste my breath...Frickin Grow Up.  I saw the commercial last night and it stated that "Cops Are Writing Tickets To Save Lives".......WHO IN THE F@*%!+ DO THEY THINK THEY ARE KIDDING.... CAN ANYONE SAY GOVERNMENT GREED?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??    Just out of curiousity I crunched some numbers, Seems they are running this REVENUE PROGRAM nationwide let's say they were to only write 100 tickets daily in each state (actual numbers have got to be higher than that) That's 5,200 tickets daily which at $151.00 each that comes out to $785,200.00 a day in REVENUE.  Annually that comes out to $286,598.000.00 , Yup! Two Hundred and Eighty Six and a one half MILLION Dollars.

Now does anyone care to debate the Red light cameras?  $351.00 to accidently run a red light, OH THAT'S RIGHT, THOSE ARE DESIGNED AS A DETERANT SO FOLKS DON'T PURPOSELY RUN RED LIGHTS, Couldn't possibly be just another REVENUE PROGRAM, COULD IT?

PERSONALLY I THINK GOVERNMENT (at all levels) IS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL, THEIR LUST FOR POWER AND GREED FOR WEALTH IS UTTERLY OBSCENE!!!
well said i agree

rock.gif

While I agree that seatbelts do save lifes... I think it goes both ways. I was in an accident in Colorado when I was in the military... I wasn't wearing a seatbelt and my girlfriend was... She suffered a broken neck when the vehicle rolled because the seatbelt pulled her tight against the seat not allowing her to duck and the car came to rest on her head (convertible). While I wasn't wearing one and only suffered a dislocated collar bone and 10 stitches in my lip. I rolled the car 4 times and it came to rest upside down. I know that I was really lucky... I mean really lucky but if I had been wearing my seatbelt I would have been dead or at least seriously injured as stated by the trooper. It goes both ways and I would agree that they save way more lives and only an idiot doesn't wear one but it should still be a choice and not a legislative mandate. Much like smoking, helmets and a million other things... Not wearing a seatbelt puts no one in danger but the person who isn't wearing it. Just my opinion and I am not denying that they save many many lives.

E.

We can ride a motorcycle with no helmet here in Illinois, but can't drive a car with no seat belt? Why doesn't a school bus have any seat belts? It just doesn't make any sense.

Oh yeah, my buddy and I got popped on the way to work last week....$55 ticket here.

They just want to build roadblocks and search everyone legally.
Government regulates out lives in every aspect of it.
More little law you break more revenue they generate.
I`m sick and tired of been told what color I have to paint my house, that my car is to dirty, what speed to drive, wear seat belt, etc...

Another good one is emission control. Now they have mobile stations and checking emission where you drive by. Now you`ll have to go to the emission station and recheck your car If your
engine too cold and cat converter didn`t warmed up yet. $25 that is.
If they want to check my car why the hell I have to pay for that?
None of my cars ever failed emission. And I talk to the guys at the station, they were saying that less then 1% failed.

Studies have shown that anything in a moving vehicle that is not secured (from change in the ashtray to the passengers...) becomes a potentially lethal projectile at the instant of impact. I wear a seatbelt at all times and I hope I'm setting a good example for my kids.

'Eh, the seat belt laws don't bother me...I kind of group 'em with the fact that we have to drive on the right side of the road, can't pass on a solid line, am forever stuck in a sea of decals and stickers proving my car is safe and legal, etc...it's just part of the privledge of driving IMHO and if anything good comes from any of the check points, it's that parents are strapping their children in safety harnesses.  I don't care if adults want to "do as they please" and face being ticketed, but kids don't have a choice under the control of parents that just don't give a crap about doing more for safety's sake for their kids...if nothing else, perhaps some kids will be safer for it all...

It's a minor inconvenience in my life and one that I gladly do out of complete habit now...I barely recall days of not having seatbelt laws; I feel very odd without one on...

(LCB @ May 23 2007,14:50) Studies have shown that anything in a moving vehicle that is not secured (from change in the ashtray to the passengers...) becomes a potentially lethal projectile at the instant of impact. I wear a seatbelt at all times and I hope I'm setting a good example for my kids.
I wear one almost all the time too... and I agree with you as far as projectiles being dangerous but I haven't heard of a human body flying unsecured from a crashed car and killing another person although it probably has hapened... Meteors are dangerous too and just as likely to get you as a unrestrained passenger or frozen poopy from an airplane. The list of things that could kill you are numerous and just as unlikely. They are a good thing and I wear mine... I just shouldn't get a ticket when I forget to put it on for that quick trip to Wawa because some board suburbanite cop feels the need to get his/her authority on. There are better things for them to do like pull me over because my bike is to loud...
laugh.gif

Click it or ticket. How bout you who write seat belt tickets, go and stick it.
$55 fine in IL.
Not speeding, taking a relaxing drive to mother inlaws to work on her car. Baby in car seat. Me no seat belt.
What about all the MFer's that dont signal.
Ya wanna crack down? They cause more accidents then someone not wearing their seat belt. It should be me choice.

No seat belts and all four of us walked away with no injuries.

I don't believe it's a matter of whether having on a seatbelt saves lives as it is the federal government regulating our so called freedoms by blackmailing the states into passing laws they (the States) have the constitutional right to decide and regulate. The federal government wants all the power even though the constitution had a reason for not giving it to them.

poorbronco.jpg

The seatbelt laws aren't that bad....what sux is that the insurance rates are not lower even though it's law.
I also think the helmet law should be be in place....but rates should reflect it.
Would be nice to have the option....if you get caught without your belt or your lid....then you pay one set of rates....if not hen you pay a much lower rate.
Speed limits are also out of whack...the capabilities of today's vehicles in handling, braking and controls are not representative of the advancements in the safety of today's automobiles.

I can personally name one place where I casually passed a rider (with my wife on the back)....in 3rd gear just moping along through a turn...
If I hadn't have looked down after seeing the state trooper, I NEVER would have guessed that I was speeding....especially given the conditions and nature of the road....that posted limit is excessively low.
rant.gif

............./´¯/)
............/ // .......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
.........../ // ................/.............\
...../´¯/ //´¯\.....(-....(.0.).......(.0.).....-)
.././ / / /.|_................/_...............
(.(....(....(..../.)..)....\ ___/
....\..............( ..........\..................../.
......\.............\ ..............\........../

I work with a ton of cops. One specialized in motor vehicle accidents for 20 years ( he was at 2000 bike crashes alone). Seat belts save lives.The odd crash like a convertable going over,or car goes into lake or river are just too rare not to wear one.

There are all kinds of other factors too. Here in Canada we all pay for health care. Personally,I dont want to pay for the injuries sustained by those who choose to go unbelted. The fine here is 150 I think.

Why is a car seat a good idea,but not a seat belt. What are you guys gonna do next? Disconnect all the air bags in your car?
tounge.gif

My House Mouse saw a child go thru a windshield and had her head severed off...she still grieves about that one.

I dunno,call it a Gubment conspiracy,or a Big Brother thing,or a cash cow.

I'll take my chances with the engineered crumple zones,steel within the doors,shock absorbing bumpers,etc...rather than be launched into or thru the windshield or have my ribs busted up on the steering wheel.

But to each his own I suppose... RSD.

Yea......er.....right.........lets all  hug socialized medicine......in fact lets just ban motorcycling since it will surley drive up  socialized or insurance costs.......and while were are ai it lets ban guns.........ouch! gotta love it! Dayum ....I thouht for a minute we were in America!
brave.gif

In calgary, front page of the SUN they posted that snow covering a license plate = $270.00 fine.

Ever hear of that one?

Another one new this year- failing to clear snow off a vehicle after a snowfall, and driving with snow blowing off = $150.00 fine; obscuring drivers sight behind you. They want us to shovel trucks out now?

There are all kinds of other factors too. Here in Canada we all pay for health care. Personally,I dont want to pay for the injuries sustained by those who choose to go unbelted. The fine here is 150 I think.[/Quote]

What about those who don't want to pay for injuries sustained by those who choose to ride motorcycles? So are you up for making motorcycles illegal in Canada? They don't have seat belts, crumple zones, air bags, side door beams...they don't offer an ounce of protection and are hundreds of times more dangerous than the smallest sub compact car.

(Burger King @ May 23 2007,18:13) Yea......er.....right.........lets all  hug socialized medicine......in fact lets just ban motorcycling since it will surley drive up  socialized or insurance costs.......and while were are ai it lets ban guns.........ouch! gotta love it! Dayum ....I thouht for a minute we were in America!
brave.gif
I live in Canada,so thats where my point of view comes from.
tounge.gif
RSD.

Back