Cleaning the bike

SGT.Dawson467

Registered
Okay guys so its December 2 and here in Missouri it's going to be 72 and sunny tomorrow :cheerleader: so I'd like to get the bike degreased and cleaned up so when I get the new plastics she looks all new. My question is how do you all degrease your motors. I thought about aprying it down with symple green and scubing with a small brush but not sure. I'm a big believer in the old say it never hurts to ask. So what a the steps I should take and what all needs covered. Thanks

Only thing greasy on mine is around the chain. Maybe a bit of tar and dirt from the road, but you need a leak for it to be greasy. I would think soapy water and some scrubbing would be all you need if you're a perfectionist. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Karosene (sp) for the chain and in front of the swingarm and either simple green or purple power for all the engine bits should do ya. Don't go aiming for connectors and gromets, but its all pretty well sealed to where a misting and brushing won't hurt it.

Thanks guys, yeah im a little bit O.C.D. :whistle: some people would call me crazy, but when it comes to my vehicles I do go a little overborad. But i really take pride in my cars, trucks, and bikes. As for leaks there are none at this time but from the looks of the bike the guy that had it before me didnt really wash it cause the motor and front sprocket crase are bad. I will be washing and cleaning it most of tomorrow evening, ill get some pics and post up some before and after pics. :thumbsup:

:lol: also sorry about the first post looks like my phone really didn't wanna type for me, :banghead: O well makes for a good laugh.

I also like S100 products.
I wouldn't be spraying h20 into the motor area under the tank. Down below and around the oil cooler, sides you should be fine.
After bath I use my leaf blower to get all the hard to get areas dry. My neighbors think I'm a little weird....If they only knew...:laugh:

I wouldn't be spraying h20 into the motor area under the tank. Down below and around the oil cooler, sides you should be fine.
After bath I use my leaf blower to get all the hard to get areas dry. My neighbors think I'm a little weird....If they only knew...:laugh:

Pretty smart neighbor ya got :laugh:

I did lol. Then I thought to myself, great idea :laugh::thumbsup:

Stoners Tarminator. Melts grease off the motor instantly. Just spray on and wipe off. Do yourself a favor and buy a case on Amazon. Once you start using it, it goes fast.

Back