Cleaning with the green

SGT.Dawson467

Registered
Okay working on a buddy's bike (08 gsxr750) and its got a few years if neglected cleaning so I thought I'd surprise him and detail the whole bike for him. The thing I was wondering is has any one used Mean green to get all the caked (and I mean caked on/baked on old chain lube) off and out of the front sprocket area. I planed on spraying the bikes, swing are, rims, sprockets, chain, then giing at it with a soft brush. Are there any concurs with doing this.

I've used simple green in the past but it really doesn't work with old caked chain lube. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks

I wouldn't say that wd-40 is for the job you are trying to do but, it does a nice job of cleaning on a regular.

Thanks for all the input. Here is what I have been working with. What you see is after soaking with wd-40 for about 15-20 minutes and spraying it off. The front of the chain I did with a hard nylon brush (took about an hour). Ill take some more pics when it warms back up and let you all know what worked best. Also that's not a crack its dog hair lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back