City of Burbank California Police Now Have Electric Motorcycles

trev0006

Registered
I wonder if older Police motorcycles will eventually become collectible if all cop bikes become electric?

City%20of%20Burbank%20California%20Police%20Now%20Have%20Electric%20Motorcycles%20-%2007.jpg

from the article:
The town of Burbank, California, has just bought a fleet of electric motorcycles from Zero Motorcycles for its police force. So now the city can also enjoy the title of having the quietest police force.

8 pictures and full article

Cops don't need to wear full protective gear ? Not a good example ? I realise it gets wickedly hot...
Anyhow good to see alternatives used , be ok round town I reckon.

But I bet they could sneak up on you from just about anywhere and you not hear em..

As far a not being protected they also are setting themselves up for Skin Cancer.

But I guess that could be true of anyone that rides without full protection.
It's just that most riders don't ride/patrol all day long.

I know it's a personal choice.......

I wonder what kind of range those bikes have.
I wonder if they have a separate battery for the radios and radar etc.

No shifting and instant torque would be pretty interesting.

Now I wonder what they cost and did they get a deal on multiple units? :laugh:

Makes sense. Bikes were started in Santa Cruz, does anyone know where they're manufactured ?

I'm just happy to see him in a full-face helmet.

CHP and most city departments around here still wear open face helmets. Makes me shiver when I see it.

At 70 mph the range is 58 miles.

Using all available 67 hp from the fastest model will give around 15 minutes of battery life.

If it rides around the city at posted limits they say range is 151 miles.

Will be interesting to see how this works out for them. :whistle:

I'm sure they can plug it in at the donut shop........................ bwahahahaha..... no offense to the LEOs on here.... just couldn't resist the jab..:poke:

On a side note I have received numerous complaints for sitting out side the local BP at night. I show up at closing and sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Can you make an educated guess at what I'm doing :poke:

On a side note I have received numerous complaints for sitting out side the local BP at night. I show up at closing and sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Can you make an educated guess at what I'm doing :poke:

Perhaps the owner wears a mini-skirt, when she locks up and leaves ? :dunno:

Dude have you been in a BP or 7/11 :rofl:

Yep, the one I go to has a new mini-skirt every three months. The story goes like this: "What happened to Lisa?" "She got fired for stealing!!" :laugh:

Seriously.

PS. I know what you meant in your post. :thumbsup:

Ill stick with my hog.

image.jpg

Looks like the Zero's are going to be city bikes, with only a Max Speed of 95mph.

Most bikes (over 599 cc) will do over 100 without a problem.
So if they are on a Zero, they are probably just going to call a buddy in a car or on a gas motorcycle if
they feel the need to chase a sportbike. :laugh:

Back