Electric Motorcycles.....

Blue Bayou

Registered
The question that my mind has been entertaining for quite some time regarding electric motorcycles, is what are people going to do for NOISE..??? When these chaps can ONLY buy electric motorcycles that are QUIET, we're going to have a revolution on our hands..!!! o_O
At this point, I'm wondering if these rolling audiophiles will start running 1000 watt amplifiers with engine exhaust sounds blaring from huge woofers , fastened on each side of their rear fenders. They will probably slave the pitch of the tone to the throttle position, therefore getting realistic "straight pipe" sound..!!! :thumbsup: I can see without this audio technology that electric motorcycles are NOT going to be very popular..!!! :shocked:
Hope Y'all are having a great Holiday.
BB

I agree, the BMW i8 is electric it has some kind of exhaust sound that plays through the speakers. Sounds kinda realistic.

Eventually the electric motorcycles will have so much performance that people will forget about the sound and smell of IC engines. Us old guys will die off eventually and the youngsters who never smelled the exhaust of the guy they are chasing's engine won't know what they missed.

The i8 is not completely electric. It has a 1.5 liter 3 banger as well. And I read a story on the lightning ls-218 which they state is the fastest production bike ever. If it is truly that fast, and at almost $40k, I'm pretty sure no one is gonna care if it makes noise or not lol! I know I wouldn't even be able to hear it because the corners of my smile would be forcing my ear holes shut anyway!

I actually got a chance to take one(Zero Electric motorcycle) on a test run. .. certainly strange with no exhaust note but technology needs to go a ways before I am interested .. very short range especially if spirited and then the time it takes to charge isn't like stopping for gas...

That ls218 that was mentioned above I thought I read it was 30 mins to charge and would go 100miles with the smaller battery, 130 with medium, and 150 with bigger.

Electric drag cars and bikes will rewrite the record books in our lifetime! Increasing Charge Density is the holy grail for all electric vehicles and the folks in the battery business are burning the midnight oil to get more power in a smaller battery every second of every day. Alas I like the way my bike sounds, feels etc. so not for me. Now the self driving electric car that will let me take a nap on the way to or from work, that just might be cool!

Eventually the electric motorcycles
will have so much performance
that people will forget about
the sound and smell of
internal combustion engines .

Us old guys will die off eventually
and the youngsters who never smelled
the exhaust of the guy they are chasing's
engine won't know what they missed .

Ouch! $30-40k and Bill got knocked ass over tea kettle for another 6-7 thousand. I hope he wasn't injured too badly. It seems like he got it slowed down pretty much before the crash. I think he might have just been zoning out as a self defense mechanism to the embarrassment.

I'm glad I live(d)in the time of the internal combustion engine,for me a huge part of the thrill of riding comes from the sound of my Brocks Short Meg(and from the FMF Powercore 4 on my CRF 450R dirt bike:laugh:)and the smell of race gas.I'll never park my ass on something that sounds like a damned sewing machine or in a self driving car(I like to drive),screw all of that crap.:banana:

Electric drag cars and bikes will rewrite the record books in our lifetime! Increasing Charge Density is the holy grail for all electric vehicles and the folks in the battery business are burning the midnight oil to get more power in a smaller battery every second of every day. Alas I like the way my bike sounds, feels etc. so not for me. Now the self driving electric car that will let me take a nap on the way to or from work, that just might be cool!
they aint rewriting anything... if they try.. they can kiss my ass and make it a love story.

Electric drag cars
and bikes will rewrite
the record books
in our lifetime !

Increasing Charge Density
is the holy grail for all electric vehicles
and the folks in the battery business
are burning the midnight oil to get
more power in a smaller battery
every second of every day .

Alas I like the way
my bike sounds,