Electric motorcycles

GEN 3 Hayabusa will solve that issue!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Electric driven wheels would be too heavy on a motorcycle but not on cars. There are a couple race cars that incorporate electrically powered wheels and their rate of acceleration is spectacular. I’ll try to find the article. As for the Gen3, if we would admit it, I think all (we) really want is the fastest production bike made, period. It really doesn’t have to have any other benefit. :D

Electric driven wheels would be too heavy on a motorcycle but not on cars. There are a couple race cars that incorporate electrically powered wheels and their rate of acceleration is spectacular. I’ll try to find the article. As for the Gen3, if we would admit it, I think all (we) really want is the fastest production bike made, period. It really doesn’t have to have any other benefit. :D
Thats what I meant. Electric acceleration wont matter if the Gen 3 comes.

How long before electric motorcycles are a normal part of our riding experience? Can they be priced in the neighborhood of our combustion stuff?
Pretty much made by all manufacturers and available in all dealerships? Gonna have to put some cards in the spokes of my 1st electric one
with a sticker that says loud cards saves lives... or some loud speakers playing my favorite exhaust sound
Honestly I very much dislike electric motorcycles. With that being said I respect the massive amounts of torque they make but I think that there’s going to be a bigger market for gas powered motorcycles for a long time to come because 1: There’s a small amount riders who prefer the electric motorcycles over gas powered motorcycles, and 2: There’s not a whole lot of us riders who have 20 to 30 thousand dollars to go dump on an electric motorcycle when you could get something like a hayabusa for instance. I also think that the electric bikes have no character. There’s nothing about them that really makes them stand out. They’re all just boring and there’s not much to be said about them. But that’s just my personal opinion.

Honestly I very much dislike electric motorcycles. With that being said I respect the massive amounts of torque they make but I think that there’s going to be a bigger market for gas powered motorcycles for a long time to come because 1: There’s a small amount riders who prefer the electric motorcycles over gas powered motorcycles, and 2: There’s not a whole lot of us riders who have 20 to 30 thousand dollars to go dump on an electric motorcycle when you could get something like a hayabusa for instance. I also think that the electric bikes have no character. There’s nothing about them that really makes them stand out. They’re all just boring and there’s not much to be said about them. But that’s just my personal opinion.

There might be a day where we are unable to own a gas powered bike the way all the tree-huggers are talking....I don't figure that day will come in my time however.

The irony about electric vehicles is that they still have a fairly significant carbon footprint, because they require the use of fossil fuels to generate the electricity they use.
The tree huggers like to pretend the power to our grid is green, in fact it's largely generated from coal and gas fired power plants.

The irony about electric vehicles is that they still have a fairly significant carbon footprint, because they require the use of fossil fuels to generate the electricity they use.
The tree huggers like to pretend the power to our grid is green, in fact it's largely generated from coal and gas fired power plants.
Very true, this is often forgotten...add to this the fabrication and disposal of those toxic lithium batteries....and....it isn't solar power running the factories which make all the plastic, glass and metal it takes to make the car in the first place..

I had a soldier once who told me after I commented on his electric bicycle "sir, I'm just doing my part to save the environment" I said if he was really wanting to do his part, he'd ride a normal bicycle where it only took HIS power to move it.

I mentioned to him some fossil fuel is making the power to charge his batteries so actually he is adding to the burden on the environment by having this bike.

That means the bigger danger is still ahead, not behind, but most of the racket from loud pipes is just pissing off the people behind you, while doing very little to warn those in front of you.

Well put

We are all Ambassadors for the motorcycling world of riders. Some guys with the loud pipes are truly obnoxious butt holes when splitting traffic in Socal by revving their engines in an attempt to warn drivers they are in the area. It probably startles close to half of the cage drivers they pass and therefor gives motorcyclist another negative strike in the collective minds of cage drivers. I have seen the Harley riders ( or custom V Twins ) flipping cage drivers off because they didn't give more lane space while splitting the lanes. This type of behavior makes phones ring at police departments and also has people complaining at city council meetings about loud motorcycles driving fast on two lane roads.

A few years ago the 55 mph speed limit was reduced to 30 mph on Polomar Mt in Socal because loud and fast motorcycles like to test the limits of traction in all three categories.. Acceleration, braking and turning. I am guilty of this at times myself but not at the 10 /10 level I have seen going the other way many times.

So, call me a mild hypocrite... I pick my places where its unlikely I will encounter any traffic going the other way and few if any residents live.

Oh yes... almost forgot... electric motorcycles? Not much in the fire breathing soul department. Pistons, cams and valves will always be my 1st choice.

I would love to build a hybrid Corvette where the 588 hp Tesla motor drives the front yoke on the differential while power from the ICE motor still flows through the driveshaft to the differential.

Back