Electric motorcycles

Tached1300

Registered
How long before electric motorcycles are a normal part of our riding experience? Can they be priced in the neighborhood of our combustion stuff?
Pretty much made by all manufacturers and available in all dealerships? Gonna have to put some cards in the spokes of my 1st electric one
with a sticker that says loud cards saves lives... or some loud speakers playing my favorite exhaust sound

How long before electric motorcycles are a normal part of our riding experience? Can they be priced in the neighborhood of our combustion stuff?
Pretty much made by all manufacturers and available in all dealerships? Gonna have to put some cards in the spokes of my 1st electric one
with a sticker that says loud cards saves lives... or some loud speakers playing my favorite exhaust sound

There are a few manufacturers of E bikes, Zero for instance makes a production bike that is reasonably priced and decent in range (not great mind you).

Last edited:

Harley Davidson LiveWire - $29,799
Brutus V9 - $32,490
Victory Empulse TT - $19,999
Zero SR - $19,390
Lightning LS218 - $38,888

Harley Davidson LiveWire - $29,799
Brutus V9 - $32,490
Victory Empulse TT - $19,999
Zero SR - $19,390
Lightning LS218 - $38,888
Based on those prices it appears they will have a smaller market of buyers for sure. I’m not sure how popular these will be until prices drop. Seems most in the market would be getting them as more of a novelty I wanna be different thing.

Based on those prices it appears they will have a smaller market of buyers for sure. I’m not sure how popular these will be until prices drop. Seems most in the market would be getting them as more of a novelty I wanna be different thing.
market is not ready yet. at least for bikes. cars is a different stoy.
Prices reflect the popularity. And on the other hand - technology isnt that that great yet. Batteries are not strong enough/too heavy etc....
Give it a few years and they will offer them for the same price or even cheaper than gas bikes!

Reactions: pcs
I mean I just dropped $1500 on a new exhaust because the factory one was too quiet after time after time being nearly killed by people who didn’t “know I was there”
So... I can’t imagine how many dudes are gonna get smoked on these bikes.
Cool as poop, don’t get me wrong... but it seems incredibly dangerous.

I mean I just dropped $1500 on a new exhaust because the factory one was too quiet after time after time being nearly killed by people who didn’t “know I was there”

Because they’re quiet?:confused:

Thats one of the biggest myths that a louder pipe will make drivers around you more aware of you. It doesnt change s**t. If you count on that you will be dead very soon!

That sums it up:

"" The "loud pipes save lives" argument is one I see or hear on almost a weekly basis. It's usually coming from some guy on a Harley or retro Triumph, though the sportbike guys are jumping on as of late. I honestly can’t tell if people really believe it, or it's just a nice justification when someone says their bike is too loud, but I think it's the second dumbest thing commonly heard from riders. (If you're wondering, the first is that 600cc supersports are beginner bikes.)

Let's start with some basic physics and a little rationality. Your exhaust is pointed backwards and by the nature of you traveling forward, you're actually leaving the sound behind you as you move forward. If that concept is confusing, think of the sound of a fire truck passing you with its siren blaring. The siren is pointed forward because the purpose is to warn driver’s the truck is approaching from behind. The next time you hear one coming, notice that it’s louder when it’s coming toward you than when it’s going away.

Now apply that to motorcycle crashes. The one comprehensive, reliable study of motorcycle crashes in this country is the well known "Hurt Report," which is now nearly 40 years old. Harry Hurt and his team found that 64.9 percent of multiple-vehicle motorcycle crashes were the fault of the car driver and “the typical accident in this category is portrayed by the automobile in traffic turning left into the path of the oncoming motorcycle.” A lot has changed in 40 years, but one thing that I think we can all agree hasn’t changed is that the car drivers are still pulling out in front of us. That means the bigger danger is still ahead, not behind, but most of the racket from loud pipes is just pissing off the people behind you, while doing very little to warn those in front of you.

Your headlights and horn, however, are pointed ahead. If you really were so concerned with an upgrade that could save your life, you’d add aftermarket auxiliary lights and upgrade your horn. But then you’d run the risk of looking like a dork instead of sounding like a badass.""

Last edited:
Thats one of the biggest myths that a louder pipe will make drivers around you more aware of you. It doesnt change s**t. If you count on that you will be dead very soon!

That sums it up:

"" The "loud pipes save lives" argument is one I see or hear on almost a weekly basis. It's usually coming from some guy on a Harley or retro Triumph, though the sportbike guys are jumping on as of late. I honestly can’t tell if people really believe it, or it's just a nice justification when someone says their bike is too loud, but I think it's the second dumbest thing commonly heard from riders. (If you're wondering, the first is that 600cc supersports are beginner bikes.)

Let's start with some basic physics and a little rationality. Your exhaust is pointed backwards and by the nature of you traveling forward, you're actually leaving the sound behind you as you move forward. If that concept is confusing, think of the sound of a fire truck passing you with its siren blaring. The siren is pointed forward because the purpose is to warn driver’s the truck is approaching from behind. The next time you hear one coming, notice that it’s louder when it’s coming toward you than when it’s going away.

Now apply that to motorcycle crashes. The one comprehensive, reliable study of motorcycle crashes in this country is the well known "Hurt Report," which is now nearly 40 years old. Harry Hurt and his team found that 64.9 percent of multiple-vehicle motorcycle crashes were the fault of the car driver and “the typical accident in this category is portrayed by the automobile in traffic turning left into the path of the oncoming motorcycle.” A lot has changed in 40 years, but one thing that I think we can all agree hasn’t changed is that the car drivers are still pulling out in front of us. That means the bigger danger is still ahead, not behind, but most of the racket from loud pipes is just pissing off the people behind you, while doing very little to warn those in front of you.

Your headlights and horn, however, are pointed ahead. If you really were so concerned with an upgrade that could save your life, you’d add aftermarket auxiliary lights and upgrade your horn. But then you’d run the risk of looking like a dork instead of sounding like a badass.""

Oof, easy there killer. Point taken

• Haha
Reactions: pcs
No thank you...

BRP is trash. Crap boat engines, crap jet skis....

FUEL BURNING MACHINES!!!!! I feel bad for people 50 years from now, things are going to be so boring.

I hear you but I think most people will come around once they experience the acceleration an electric driven vehicle provides. Not boring. Of course, battery size and weight along with reducing the recharging time will also be key to getting people to more readily accept them.

Back