Electric motorcycles

Meanwhile...

I think the biggest detractor of an EV motorcycle is, motorcycles are for the most part machines people "adventure" on....whereas although people do commute on them, most ride them for pleasure...if you get an EV bike which on paper has a range similar to a gas bike, once you start working it the power consumption would be similar as well...

A gas bike can be refueled in minutes at any gas station whereas I would wager an EV bike would take longer and only at specialized recharge stations. I can imagine a recharging station having say 10 spots and there would be 10 bikes at them all with an hour (or maybe a little less) to charge. There would have to be waiting rooms or something, and what about inclimate weather or remote areas?

I know there is talk of a quick charge or something like 10 mins or less but I know if I quick charge some of my rechargeable batteries too many times, they will only take it so many times.... technology has a long way to go.

Last edited:
I think the biggest detractor of an EV motorcycle is, motorcycles are for the most part machines people "adventure" on....whereas although people do commute on them, most ride them for pleasure...if you get an EV bike which on paper has a range similar to a gas bike, once you start working it the power consumption would be similar as well...

A gas bike can be refueled in minutes at any gas station whereas I would wager an EV bike would take longer and only at specialized recharge stations. I can imagine a recharging station having say 10 spots and there would be 10 bikes at them all with an hour (or maybe a little less) to charge. There would have to be waiting rooms or something, and what about inclimate weather or remote areas?

I know there is talk of a quick charge or something like 10 mins or less but I know if I quick charge some of my rechargeable batteries too many times, they will only take it so many times.... technology has a long way to go.
Other solution would be hot swap batteries like the old Motoczyzz. Wonder where that project might have lead had Michael Czyzz not died...

Other solution would be hot swap batteries like the old Motoczyzz. Wonder where that project might have lead had Michael Czyzz not died...
Then you run into the issue as to how many times a particular battery pack was charged, not to mention someone complaining they bought a brand new EV only to get an old used battery pack installed..

The average person probably wouldn't complain but all it would take some privileged, entitled person to cause a huge issue...

275935733_10226638834659082_4077320648069149528_n.jpg

How long before electric motorcycles are Speed Test a normal part of our riding experience? Can they be priced in the neighborhood of our combustion stuff?
Pretty much made by all manufacturers and available in all dealerships? Gonna have to put some cards in the spokes of my 1st electric one
with a sticker that says loud cards saves lives... or some loud speakers playing my favorite exhaust sound
Bombardier is jumping into the mix...they might even have success.

200.gif

New BMW Vision E-bike. Not terrible looking, but for me the Master cylinders are awesome!
Mediagallery_2224x1482_DC_Roadster_Skizze10.jpg

New BMW Vision E-bike. Not terrible looking, but for me the Master cylinders are awesome!
View attachment 1663108
They look cool but would suck when it comes to adding or changing out the brake/clutch fluid.

Back