Chrome wheels flaking

Scipione420

Registered
After 3 months my wheels are flaking. i called up sport chrome and because i painted the spokes blue it voids the warranty great! Im just giving you guys a heads up for anyone thats going chrome......
banghead.gif

This pisses me off!! Anyone know how much to chrome a rim? This week isnt going well.
banghead.gif

Thanks

2476330727_8a8b454870.jpg

2477145438_5b99724dab.jpg

banghead.gif

Thats sucks dude, I hope mine dont ever do that, not sport chrome though. Its probably 200+ for 1 wheel

Copy_of_PTrip_001.jpg

damn that really stinks thats bull they wont fix it is it peeling at all where you made the spokes blue if not then that is bull .

Sorry to hear about this man, I am sure someone out there knows how to fix the rim, also, isn't it best to get solid chrome wheels vs. the chrome plated? Also, does anyone know where to get nice chrome wheels for an 08 busa, fairly priced?

I want to find some really good chrome wheels for my 08 busa, but not sure where to begin looking...Being told to stay away from the dealership on these kinds of things. Where are some good deals?

Chrome Pros....Out of Texas...They stand behind their work. I ordered a set of chrome rims from them a few months back. A couple of weeks after having them on, a small spot on the rear rim chipped up. I called them up & told them, they said no problem we'll send you out another rear rim, just send the damaged one back after you put the new one on. They warranty their work for 2 years. I'm not at home at the moment so I can't post any picks, but you can do a search on here, I did make a post about them.

Thanks, do they have a website to look at? I did a search but found tons of different ones for the keyword "chrome pros".

Sorry to hear that.

I'd love to have chrome rims, but too many horror stories just like this keeps me away.

It seems to do chrome right is a very labor intensive and costly process. Never mind the garbage that is generated due to the chemicals involved.

Plus, you have the flex of the wheel in use, and during mounting. Chrome plating does not flex well.

Try again nicely with the owner/manager of the chrome shop, and be willing to work with them. They might be able to work out a solution with you.

Good luck, and post what happens please.

I would imagine it boils down to the quality of the chrome wheel, I've had a few different sets of chrome rims for my cars, and asanti wheels really held up well but they were also very expensive. As far as the Busa goes, I have no clue what would last and what would be considered junk. I am not looking for anything ghetto just nice chrome rims that look right on 08 busa that aren't ridiculously priced.

Sorry to hear about this man, I am sure someone out there knows how to fix the rim, also, isn't it best to get solid chrome wheels vs. the chrome plated? Also, does anyone know where to get nice chrome wheels for an 08 busa, fairly priced?
What the hell is a solid chrome wheel? Chrome plating is how the entire industry does it.

i'd send the company a link to this page and ask them if they'd do right so you can post what a great business it is do deal with...

usually you can't get just one rim they will charge alot more to break the set, better off sending out the one wheel to get re done.

Yeah i was gonna send out the 1 rim. I talked to the manager and he said that there is no way there gonna cover it. sux
guns.gif
They back there work with a 2 year warranty to they must get ALOT of come backs

After 3 months my wheels are flaking. i called up sport chrome and because i painted the spokes blue it voids the warranty great! Im just giving you guys a heads up for anyone thats going chrome......  
banghead.gif

This pisses me off!! Anyone know how much to chrome a rim? This week isnt going well.  
banghead.gif

Thanks

2476330727_8a8b454870.jpg

2477145438_5b99724dab.jpg
It's hard to tell how bad it is in the picture

banghead.gif

Back