To chrome or powdercoat???

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I found a local bike shop up in Tyler, TX (Mammoth Motorsports) that does alot of chrome, paint, powdercoating, mods, dyno, etc. Pretty much a one-stop shop, once I ask around and find out how reputable they really are.

Well, i've been wantin to get some chrome or PC work done on the wheels and swingarm. I would love to chrome, but PC seems cheaper and might look just as good?? I mean, i know it will never have the finish and luster of chrome, but i have heard people on here talk about the PC chrome look that is being done....

Basically, they said they could do..
PC a set of rims ... $150
PC a stock length swingarm ... $180
CHROME a set of wheels would be $550.

Questions...

1.) Does anyone have any pics of the powdercoated chrome wheels?? or anything PC chrome that is.
2.) What would you suggest??
3.) Do these prices seem good?

Guess im just tryin to get some ideas to make my baby look a little more appealing. Obviously with having the 02 silver/grey, chrome looks killer on this bike, but im thinkin maybe PC chrome might look just as good.

Thanks all!!

Professor's bike the front rearsets are pc'd chrome, it was done in the spring of '04 if I remember correctly.. theres lots of pics in the gallery of it..
bowdown.gif

I would NOT do the wheels in the chrome pc but the swing arm possibly..

Chrome dem wheels..
beerchug.gif

I had an 02 also and I have seen the PC chrome and it does look good . But I would ask the PC company for a sample of thier PC chrome work . I don't think it shines as good as chrome . One of the things I thought of doing with mine was PC chrome in the grey color to be different. I go thit before I got serious about doing it so I never did anything but that was the first bike I thought chrome would be nice on .

Oh, and the RED 04 LE is faster!!
tounge.gif

you bring up a good point frisbee. Doin it in a close matchin grey would look good, make it flow a bit. I've got the chrome frame covers on, so i want somethin sorta shiny right there. Think im gonna chrome the rearsets and PC Chrome passenger peg/bracket in the grey to match tail, and do somethin similar to swingarm.

Definately will have to take D1300R's advice and just bite the bullet and chrome the wheels.

no subsutitue for chrome. nothing has the bling it does. some things are in the same ballpark,but in the end its not chrome. go chrome

May have some wheels you could use when yours are at the coater,,,all about timmimg,about to send mine in.
thumb_up.gif

I got my wheels off ebay for $550. I paid a $400 deposit and when they sent the wheels i sent them mine and in 2 days i had my $400 back. Thats just another way of getting em chromed. There is also a 2 yr warranty. Also look at the Alsa Clear 4 Chrome if you want that Candy chrome look....

I'm doing a whole chrome pc bike right now and in the sun it will blind you worst than chrome..you gotta get the right person to do it..

Ebay_Inventory_1602.jpg

Very good look GC. Would really set off that swingarm since it has such a large surface area.

So u can just swing on down here to TX and spray one for me huh???
cool.gif

The sun hasn't really shined here much lately so I took it out to get pic and turned it to the side and it blinded menever realized what it really looked like in sunlight....The stuff they coming out with is crazy...The candy brandywine is nice,i'll try to get pic if not picked up before I do...

Back