Child Passenger

not really an issue of age as much as an issue of size

This is how it is in Texas. They should be at least 5, but must be able to reach the pegs and wear a helmet. My son will be 7 in August and is still a few inches from his feet reaching the passenger pegs on the Busa.

My daughter will be 10 in a couple months. She stands about 4'8. She can reach the pegs with ease. Would like to have her ride with me short distances to start, but need to explain this to the wife. She won't let her ride other than around the yard.

Listen to the wife on this one anything happens god forbid go wrong you will be hurting inside something fierce an all that will be nothing compared to what she going to do to you :poke: :laugh:

Wait for the wife to come around an get with the program, maybe get her into the idea riding her own ride :whistle: riding could become a really fun family weekend event, she's 10 you got plenty of time to work on mom/wife :laugh: She gets older get's her own scooter on the fun just keeps on rolling:thumbsup:

Listen to the wife on this one anything happens god forbid go wrong you will be hurting inside something fierce an all that will be nothing compared to what she going to do to you :poke: :laugh:

Wait for the wife to come around an get with the program, maybe get her into the idea riding her own ride :whistle: riding could become a really fun family weekend event, she's 10 you got plenty of time to work on mom/wife :laugh: She gets older get's her own scooter on the fun just keeps on rolling:thumbsup:

Best advice of the day!:thumbsup:
Bubba

these were taken at the Gap a few years ago. I'm not to crazy about this kind of riding with a kid on back but he seems to be very comfortable on there.

this is stupid and selfish....he probably thinks nothing will ever happen to me. it only happens to that other guys..he needs to be locked up imo

my children have been rideing on my bikes since 3-4 months...up and down driveway ...sitting in front of me (once older) in pack (younger). they are now 13-21. and all addicted.... but on the back...must reach foot peg....

Look for one of those child riding belts. The wife might be cool if you use one of them.

Child Riding Belts Product Information Page

I was also going to make the same suggestion :thumbsup:

closepic.jpg

in the sidehack, 3-4, on the back of the bike 5-6 or whenever the figure out the "hold on for your life" thing. and gear! i have spent more on my kid, than on myself. skin is soft, kids are small and tender, but they do bounce well.:laugh:

i rode on my dad's bike when i was in diapers, once on a few hour long road trip, can you imagine how long they would lock you up for that now.

Me too, on my Pop's Harley. My Mom had to come get me once about an hour 1/2 away, I kept falling asleep.

I've taken my daughter since she was 10, she loves it. My Son is 11, and still don't want anything to do with it ?? I don't go on highways though, I'd rather just worry about what I'm doing, not everyone else.

Last edited:
Back