Checking in our NE folks

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hows our NY and NJ folks fairing these days.. You doing okay?

Checkin please...

All good in the hood here Cap. Binghamton didn't really get anything, but works been rough all week. We service restaurants all I've the north east, a lot of feight hasn't gone through or is being returned. It's made for a bad work week, but thankfully we didn't get hit.

long island got hit pretty good. we evac'd to my inlaws in NH and are heading home tomorrow unless the ferry isnt running....and even then I might swim :whistle:

Lost power at the house for almost a week, have heard mixed reports on internet/cable/etc being online at home but the power is supposed to be there. There is definitely a gas issue, local cops are actually actively enforcing fill ups at the few stations with both power and gas, heard they went to 1974 methods of even/odd for license plates to fill up on even/odd days. Just crazy stuff. We will have over 50 gal of fuel in the two trucks so I'm not worried about it and hell I can catch a ferry over to fill up in CT if I need to....

There were definitely some places here in NH that got hit, lots of power outages but could be worse.

long island got hit pretty good. we evac'd to my inlaws in NH and are heading home tomorrow unless the ferry isnt running....and even then I might swim :whistle:

Lost power at the house for almost a week, have heard mixed reports on internet/cable/etc being online at home but the power is supposed to be there. There is definitely a gas issue, local cops are actually actively enforcing fill ups at the few stations with both power and gas, heard they went to 1974 methods of even/odd for license plates to fill up on even/odd days. Just crazy stuff. We will have over 50 gal of fuel in the two trucks so I'm not worried about it and hell I can catch a ferry over to fill up in CT if I need to....

There were definitely some places here in NH that got hit, lots of power outages but could be worse.

glad to see ya posting up Brian, I was worried about ya out there. Grab some batteries and stuff too, sure someone will need em.

Sorry about mother nature hitting so hard.. I hope things turn out OK in the long run.. Take care !

Family still without power up there , our old beach house in Seaside NJ is in the ocean on its way to Europe. Jersey and NY was not ready for this, good in snow but not hurricanes. All will be good in a week or so then the clean up and rebuilding will begin.

I just saw on the news and 730K still without power. I sure pray they get things worked out soon

glad to see ya posting up Brian, I was worried about ya out there. Grab some batteries and stuff too, sure someone will need em.

Thanks! Yeah we are home finally. House is fine no damage thankfully. No flooding in the basement :cheerleader: and somehow, the dang fish all survived :thumbsup:

The downside is that we did lose half of the stairs down to the water. I have to go get some pix of everything but seems the neighbors had similar issues. I think next rebuild will need to have a way to fold up the bottom half of the stairs back onto the top section. Gotta be cheaper to do that than constantly rebuilding them each storm. The water level on the cliff is pretty high, seems like there was constant water half way up the hill, or about 12-15' of surge as they had said it would be.

Oddly we have cable, internet, cell, power, etc but the neighbors across the road are without cable/internet. I've got the redneck ISP service running now :laugh: 100' of cat 5, 100' of outdoor extension power cord and a little pocket sized access point setup in the mailbox. Its not the best signal strength for them but at least they are online again....until someone unplugs it or a bird decides to sit/s*it/peck at it all :laugh:

the things you do for good neighbors :thumbsup:

Internet Service provided by Redneck Engineering Inc

The yard guys were completely freaked by the wire across the road, however the mail lady wouldnt put the mail in the box...she was utterly freaked the fudge out :laugh:

P1030279.jpg

Sandy_redneckISP.jpg

P1030280.jpg

P1030278.jpg

Back