How Are Our Vegas Friends Tonight

THIS SUX. Rat Bastard rot in hell.

As a (retired) soldier, in cold hard reality, the rat bastard thought it out really well. High Ground, plenty of cover and concealment, can't shoot back because he's out of range and fear of shooting up other innocents in their rooms, high mass-casualty targets in confined space with few exits and no cover. Plenty of time to set up. Sounded like an AK instead of an AR and the cyclic rate wasn't steady so I'm betting a bump stock. Only thing better would have been a gas tanker running thru the barricades and an igniter. NO WAY to prevent it. I'll really be interested in finding his motivation...

Now we have to add worrying about completely normal adjusted people too? What a mess. Sorry for all, such a bad thing to put on a City and a performer too, not to mention the people just doing their thing and having fun. I was so upset when this happened at Virginia Tech, so I can sort of understand how Vegas feels.

Something here doesn't add up though. I was thinking last night what if this guy didn't do it? What if someone got into his room and used that and killed him to make it look like he was the shooter? Maybe that's crazy but there is little precedent for someone doing something like this with no reason at all. Well, the very best are going over everything in this case and they will figure it out.

Terrible tragedy, indeed!! It is awesome how so many have stepped up to help as much as they can; via monetary donations, blood donations, food and water, or even their time!! Me and mine are doing okay. I also made contact with Spudley yesterday, and he is okay too. Thank you for your concern!!

Dangerous world we live in...... unfortunately this will not be the last we hear of an incident like this. imagine if he had enough brains to use a suppressor and simply cut out a hole in the window with a glass hole cutter. they exist! the police wud still be looking for him if he hadn't offed himself. THAT is wat the next guy mite do now that all the wachos see how effective this was.

right from Home Depot....... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubi-2-3...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMCF5Mnv1NYCFRdGDAod61gAdw

Now we have to add worrying about completely normal adjusted people too? What a mess. Sorry for all, such a bad thing to put on a City and a performer too, not to mention the people just doing their thing and having fun. I was so upset when this happened at Virginia Tech, so I can sort of understand how Vegas feels.

Something here doesn't add up though. I was thinking last night what if this guy didn't do it? What if someone got into his room and used that and killed him to make it look like he was the shooter? Maybe that's crazy but there is little precedent for someone doing something like this with no reason at all. Well, the very best are going over everything in this case and they will figure it out.

Interesting thought, but I think the evidence at his home shows that this was planned, IS tried to claim responsibility, but there is no link, so it is what it is.
Background shows some psychological issues with his father. Did some research on human values recently and the folks with all their PhD's and lots of research believe that this behavior is 55% DNA 45% nurturing. So, if he had a tough childhood and some of his father's DNA it could predict the behavior. Crazy and real sad.

I agree with the post above, these incidents will continue. Population of 300 million plus and the ease of collecting an arsenal of firearms with little to no record keeping.

Even psychos need something to set them off, real or imagined. The human brain doesn't usually just flip like a switch without either a physical or chemical stimulant. I'm sure they are doing an autopsy now to see if he was on anything. But this was well planned so something set him off.

As much as I try to understand and support the principles of the 2nd Amendment, this is the reason why I'm nervous about the accessibility of firearms. Here is a guy that has set off no flags to any of the system and has accumulated an arsenal. Legally.

I hate to say it but I know a few people that have accumulated similar stashes such as what is being described. And while they have done nothing illegal and I have no reason to think they will go off the ledge, I can't help but be nervous as to what they represent if they do.

Its going to reignite the gun control controversy again.

I know its impossible to put the Genie back in the bottle now, but this guy does make me feel like my level of vigilance will have to be raised as a result of this.

Don't these hotels have video monitoring just about everywhere, in the parking lots, hallways and elevators? How did someone carry nearly two dozen weapons, half of them long guns and 'thousands'? of rounds of ammo from their car thirty two stories into a hotel room? Doesn't anyone watch these vids? That much ammo weighs a lot and would make for one heavy suitcase. My little Dr's bag that I carry ammo to the range in weighs a lot and it doesn't hold anywhere near thousands of rounds. Rifle bags are a tad conspicuous as well being long and skinny compared to normal luggage. How many trips would it have taken for one guy? Is the hotel security staff blind or not interested?

Just sad day, again, for America...

My sons' aunt (their Dad's sister) has a friend that was there. He survived 3 shots to the chest; out of surgery last night and hopefully on the path to full recovery. I cannot imagine :(

My thoughts are with all of the friends and family of those lost.

Don't these hotels have video monitoring just about everywhere, in the parking lots, hallways and elevators? How did someone carry nearly two dozen weapons, half of them long guns and 'thousands'? of rounds of ammo from their car thirty two stories into a hotel room? Doesn't anyone watch these vids? That much ammo weighs a lot and would make for one heavy suitcase. My little Dr's bag that I carry ammo to the range in weighs a lot and it doesn't hold anywhere near thousands of rounds. Rifle bags are a tad conspicuous as well being long and skinny compared to normal luggage. How many trips would it have taken for one guy? Is the hotel security staff blind or not interested?

The news media has stated he had been there for a few days. Getting the rifles etc in there is easy as cake if they are disassembled . As for the rounds of ammo...most luggage now days has wheels. It would be nothing to move a couple thousand rounds and you would never notice.\ it over a few days.

What did Mandalay Bay do wrong in this?
Nothing, but that won't stop people from trying to get paid for it. I lived in Vegas for over 10 years and I can't even begin to count the number of golf bags that go through those hotels on any given day, so as well as this seems to have been thought out, something that simple would evade any scrutiny from the hotel security. I'm honestly surprised that something like this hasn't happened there before now, but it still breaks my heart to see it in my adopted home town.

Just heard he brought in 13 suitcases during his stay there. And Skydivr it seems as though you were correct about the bump stock being used.

Back