Check out my sons web site

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
For paranoid reasons I normally do not mention my family nor make any posts about my family in anyway.

However my 13 year old son has put together a web site that I am hosting for him off my web site.

I am actually really proud of him, I installed FrontPage 2000 on his computer and he went at it.

I only helped him with a few minor things, mostly uploading the files to the web site for him

I figure since I screen everything and all comments go through me first no harm in advertising his web site for him.

So.. if anyone feels so inclined to boost his ego, please check out his web site and maybe sign his guest book. I know it will make him feel good seeing strangers signing his guest book and also watching his page hit count go up..

The url for his site is http://xtrembordr.rbrooks.net/

So help a brother out and boost his ego
biggrin.gif
as I said I am really proud of him
biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone…

biggrin.gif

Ego boosted!
super.gif
i've tried web page stuff before and just never got the hang of it really... good on your boy for creating something!

Thanks guys.. apprecieate it.. I know he will be stoked when he sees the comments on his guest book.

beerchug.gif

(Sloto200 @ Jan. 22 2007,22:35) Ego boosted!
super.gif
i've tried web page stuff before and just never got the hang of it really... good on your boy for creating something!
yeah. my 13 year old is real creative. my oldest can be too but he doesnt get into it as much as my 13 year old.

When he was 11, for his science class he wanted to do a power point presentation for one of his assignments.

The assingment was just to turn in something about the earth cycle.

Well he did it in power point and I talked to the teacher and I went to his class and brought his laptop and connected it into a projector, and I sat in the back of the class as he gave a 20 slide power point presentation with pictures and data he pulled off the web.

He was the only one in his class that did anything like that. and I didnt help him with ANY of the presentation except for bringing his laptop. Was real proud of his efforts.

The teacher didnt give him any extra credit for it, I thought he should of. but it was ok, my son was ok and he felt good about himself..
biggrin.gif

Great job for your boy, now you need to get him to post a link to Hayabusa.org under "other links" I liked the layout looks better then most big business sites. You have taught him well ol wise one!

Oh yea ego boosted
super.gif

young dude's got skillz
beerchug.gif
i really like to see examples like this of young people doing positive things with their lives...he's headed in the right direction

(semi @ Jan. 23 2007,01:54) young dude's got skillz
beerchug.gif
i really like to see examples like this of young people doing positive things with their lives...he's headed in the right direction
+1. But his hit counter has a bug in it. It doesn't recognize IP addresses. So some idiot with nothing better to do at 1:30 AM can click the refresh button a few hundred times and screw up his stats.

pretty cool web page, he has skill.
have him keep up the work in computers, theres a bright future for him .

(BusaWhipped @ Jan. 22 2007,23:58)
beerchug.gif
+1. But his hit counter has a bug in it. It doesn't recognize IP addresses. So some idiot with nothing better to do at 1:30 AM can click the refresh button a few hundred times and screw up his stats.
Dennis -

He is using the counter that Yahoo provides as the web hosting service.

Do you know how to setup a counter that will fix the problem you pointed out? I have no clue but would like to show him how to fix it if you know how..

Or if anyone knows how....

Thanks again for all the support everyone
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I appreciate you not posting your family on a public board, I feel the same way.

Kid has some talent.
super.gif

Nice job, the info is laid out well and easy to get to. Gotta tell ya the colors are a little "loud", but very very nicely done. Good on ya kid.

Don

(thrasherfox @ Jan. 23 2007,07:10)
beerchug.gif
+1.  But his hit counter has a bug in it.  It doesn't recognize IP addresses.  So some idiot with nothing better to do at 1:30 AM can click the refresh button a few hundred times and screw up his stats.
Dennis -

Do you know how to setup a counter that will fix the problem you pointed out? I have no clue but would like to show him how to fix it if you know how..

beerchug.gif
Check to see if the Yahoo counter has the option of configuring for unique visitors. Many of the counters will let you configure for page loads or unique visitors. If it has unique visitor capability, you should be able to configure the sesion length. Say if you want to count them if they revisit the page after a minute, hour, day, week, etc.

If the yahoo counter doesn't support that, there are a number of free counters out there. Start by Googling for HTML page hit counter.

beerchug.gif

(BusaWhipped @ Jan. 23 2007,07:31)
(thrasherfox @ Jan. 23 2007,07:10)
beerchug.gif
+1.  But his hit counter has a bug in it.  It doesn't recognize IP addresses.  So some idiot with nothing better to do at 1:30 AM can click the refresh button a few hundred times and screw up his stats.
Dennis -

beerchug.gif
Check to see if the Yahoo counter has the option of configuring for unique visitors.  Many of the counters will let you configure for page loads or unique visitors.  If it has unique visitor capability, you should be able to configure the sesion length.  Say if you want to count them if they revisit the page after a minute, hour, day, week, etc.

If the yahoo counter doesn't support that, there are a number of free counters out there.  Start by Googling for HTML page hit counter.
Thank you sir.. I will pass that on to him. appprecieate the input
biggrin.gif

The message length for the guest book was fixed this morning. I jumped in and did that. original message length for the guest book was 1500 I increased it to 5000.

any input on that from anyone? is 5000 a good number? more? less?

beerchug.gif

Back