Web Page Help - Software

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I have a very good friend that knows nothing about web pages. He had a friend years ago that did his web page and he pays a local company $16 monthly to host it. Well, I have took care of his IT support and gave him many very good used PC's and build/secure them. So, he thought I could do his web page because I have my own at Colorado High Local Area Network which was free with Microsoft and simply put, templates and anyone could do it! What my friend has is a FTP site that houses his data and I now have access to it but it's just raw data. I don't have Front Page or anything like that and would not matter anyways cause I don't know how to use it and I will not go buy Frontpage or similiar cause I'm not working and don't have the extra cash. So, what is out there that is free, simple and that I can get into this FTP site on a windows or my Ubunut system and alter his site to update it for him? Many thanks guys! Hist site, http://www.frontrangecamaros.com/

I have a very good friend that knows nothing about web pages. He had a friend years ago that did his web page and he pays a local company $16 monthly to host it. Well, I have took care of his IT support and gave him many very good used PC's and build/secure them. So, he thought I could do his web page because I have my own at Colorado High Local Area Network which was free with Microsoft and simply put, templates and anyone could do it! What my friend has is a FTP site that houses his data and I now have access to it but it's just raw data. I don't have Front Page or anything like that and would not matter anyways cause I don't know how to use it and I will not go buy Frontpage or similiar cause I'm not working and don't have the extra cash. So, what is out there that is free, simple and that I can get into this FTP site on a windows or my Ubunut system and alter his site to update it for him? Many thanks guys! Hist site, Front Range Camaros

i read this 3 times and still do not know what you are asking. send me a pm with a simplified description of your needs and i may be able to help. are you trying to set up a forum? that likn is broke on that site?!?!

It sounds like he's looking for some free web development software, either for Windows or Ubuntu linux; something that will suck down the existing site via FTP and also publish via FTP.

It sounds like he's looking for some free web development software, either for Windows or Ubuntu linux; something that will suck down the existing site via FTP and also publish via FTP.

gotcha, ill help if i can. waiting for pm............

Exactly! My buddy has no one to maintain his site. I have no software or much experiance with HTML. Want some free software that will allow me to update/maintain his site. I do have access to his FTP site with username and password and that is where I'm at. What can I do for free?

Back