Web Site experts -  help plz

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey busa buddies, anyone have expertise in web site problems?

My local site is like it's under attack, 1000's of views per hr and it is log jamming everything. With my admin account and the host I can get in but everyone else, all users can log in but cant get into the forums. When I look at the views counter there are 1000's of views and we only have 100 members. Anyone wanna guess whats up? Or if you have time to dive in let me know. I had my cousin who set up the site helping but he is scratchin his head on this one.

www.norcalriders.org

My email is: hawaiibusa@yahoo.com

thanx - Kent

I clicked on the classifieds and it came up quickly, the same for the gallery and doanting members.. Now I cant get into anything. What that tells you is that the site is functional but obviously overloaded or doing something else. Is this a dedicated account or do you share the server with others? If your sharing you might be the victim of a server out of resources.

Contact your host and have them tell you the server load.

cap

Which forum software are you running? The problem looks as though it coming from there. Maybe a vulnerability in the software has been exploited, maybe a search engine bot is causing havoc in that directory... not 100% sure. But because everything else is working I would start concentrating on the forum.

Do you have access to your log files? Or maybe you can run stats from your control panel? This way you can see whatever is at the top of the list for most used resources.

I'm not certain but I think the software is called  DNN  (dotnetnuke)  DNN LINK

I was told it is a windows based software, if we decide to scrap the whole thing and start fresh, any recomendations for forum software ?  a good cheap one if there is such a thing...  
sad.gif

The software you're using looks like a Content Management System with built-in forum software.

Before ditching everything I would look through their forum and see if maybe you can find an answer to your problem.

But if you want to do a complete overhaul, I'd suggest Wordpress for a Content Management System... good looking, easy to use, and free. As far as forum software, you could download Ikonforums... which is what the org runs. If you don't mind paying for forum software, I'd suggest vBulletin.

Back