Chapel Hill, NC (Apple Chill)

dezzy7

Registered
For those of you in NC the Apple Chill festival is this coming sunday. This is a street festival sponsored by UNC-Chapel Hill and the city of Chapel Hill. Food, drink, song and typically 3000+ bikes and bikers hanging out. It starts at 1pm and is schedule to end at 8...and since its a street festival there is no charge.. I'll be there and if you are planning on coming up that day let me know and we can meet somewhere.

Hey Dezzy, IM or call me and lets see if we can meet up and go.

How long has this fest been going on? I never heard about it while I was there!

What time do you think you and your folks are gonna come through there. We usually don't get there til the evening shift basically -4,5.

Yeah Dawg I'm gonna make it.. I posted something about it on an earlier post.. Typically 3000+ bikers and 1000s of other folk hanging out and enjoying the festivities on Franklin street. The weather is suppose to be 81 and you everyone is gonna be there from all the neighboring cities since its an annual event.

BigDawg,
When are the festivities? I don't know CH that well, but if the timing is right, I wouldn't mind checking it out.

--Juggler

Zuk I can swing by your house about 1:30 I'll be leaving from fuquay

BBSb I know its been going on for at leat 7 or 8 years I've been in the area. Its actually a street carnival that has become a big event for bikers and i think they have a website with its history ... try www.applechill.com

Dezzy I see your thread now, I'll be coming up after church on Sunday.

Juggler, this is my first year in attendence. Ya might want to ask Dezzy more specific questions.

Fellas I'll be coming up from Goldsboro Sunday after Church definitely. I may come up Sat afternoon also. Dezzy you have my cell number and I have yours. I'll call you when I have a better idea of my schedule.

Juggler, Zukracer and I are going to hook up in Holly Springs we can meet you some place in Apex and roll out from there... I think there is a gas station on the corner of 55 and salem street where we can meet. Let me know

just let me know what time you wanna meet up Dezzy and I'm there. BigDawg, what time do you think you'll be able to make it up here?

Anyone seen FiremanonaBusa lately? Might wanna ping him too since he's about 35mins from Chapel Thrill.

Not sure where in Apex you're talking but I'm guestimating 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hour trip to Chapel Hill. Because of the festivities the boys in blue will probably in full force on I-40 so I'll have to take it easy. I get out of church at ~1pm and can hit the triange area around 2:30. You guys let me know where the spot is going to be and I'll be there.

Zuk I can swing by your house about 1:30 I'll be leaving from fuquay

BBSb I know its been going on for at leat 7 or 8 years I've been in the area. Its actually a street carnival that has become a big event for bikers and i think they have a website with its history ...  try www.applechill.com
Thanks, Dezzy! Guess I missed it one year because I didn't own a bike and the second year because I was deployed. Sounds like a great event and I wish I could be there!

This new Busa owner may have to check it out with some of
my buds
cool.gif

Juggler, Zukracer and I are going to hook up in Holly Springs we can meet you some place in Apex and roll out from there... I think there is a gas station on the corner of 55 and salem street where we can meet. Let me know
Dezzy,

Sounds good. I need to confirm with my Boss and Travel Manager (wife) that there's nothing going on in the Juggler household this weekend, but it sounds cool to me.

Give me a call at 363-8308 (home) if anything changes, or e-mail me.

--Juggler

Dezzy, I'll call you before I hit the road after church so you'll know when I'm getting on the road. Hit me back with some directions (exit #, etc) for that gas station. Where ya best outfits cause I'm bringing the digital camera!

Hey Dezzy, I am riding in the morning with the folks at Durham Suzuki at 930 but will be done by noonish and back home by 1pm. Give me a ring and leave me a message letting me know if you are still gonna be at my place at 130pm tomorrow.

If anyone else wants to ride in the morning, drop me a note here or get over to Durham Suzuki on hwy70 by 930am
cool.gif
I'm leaving here ~845-9am

Back