Changing oil on my Busa

devjacks

Registered
Is there a proper procedure to starting the motor after changing the oil on the Busa? After I change the oil, I fill it up to about just under the full mark and then start her. On startup the oil light comes on for a second or two, and the headers are a little noisy. After about the two seconds, she goes quiet and purrs again.

Should I change the oil on a cold motor, or should I let her warm up a little before changing the oil? I never had that sound on my old Honda before, so I dont know if its normal for my Busa.

I ride my bike to warm up the oil then change it, I also fill the oil filter before I install it.

I always drain oil out of a hot motor. You get a much better drain. And typically you get a little knock or two when cranking afterwards until the top gets some oil.

Ah, filling the oil filter. That's a neat trick, thanks.

Doesnt it mess on your exhaust while you screw it in?

It does; I just let it burn off, but if you want to avoid that, toss some aluminum foil over the pipes and it'll keep it off of 'em. :)

It does; I just let it burn off, but if you want to avoid that, toss some aluminum foil over the pipes and it'll keep it off of 'em. :)

If you use a rear stand the oil off the filter will drain between the tubes causing less mess too.

If you use a rear stand the oil off the filter will drain between the tubes causing less mess too.

I can't get my Busa on the rear stand by myself to save my life! You want me in a heap behind Caesar don't you? :laugh:

Ah, filling the oil filter. That's a neat trick, thanks.

Doesnt it mess on your exhaust while you screw it in?
A little spills on them but you can take some brake kleen and spray them down or wrap foil around them.

i know on most fuel injected cars if you pin the throttle while starting it the computer wont let the coils fire ,thus you can build some oil pressure and get oil thru the filter and into the motor parts after you change the oil. i do this on my sti but cant recall if it worked on the b-king???

I drain the oil, fit the drain bolt back on, fill with oil, run the engine for 5 minutes, top up with a little more oil.

Back