oil and filter

ScottC

Registered
2011 Busa

first 200 mile oil change

Want to find out what the top 3 oil filters are, who has the best prices on them and what oil should I use on this oil change.

How are Suzuki oil filters?

Thanks

I've got over 60K miles on Busa's since 9-06, never used anything but zuki filter and oil, and I run the piss out of my bikes. It was $26 a change since '06 the change a few weeks ago cost me $32. 200 is early, from memory I did 600, every 4K now.

I've got over 60K miles on Busa's since 9-06, never used anything but zuki filter and oil, and I run the piss out of my bikes. It was $26 a change since '06 the change a few weeks ago cost me $32. 200 is early, from memory I did 600, every 4K now.
So you leave all that debris from the initial break in (first 20-30 miles) for 600?:whistle:

OEM oil filter, along with a good 10w40 NON syn. motorcycle specific oil of your choice. ride it hard and enjoy

+1, same here, good old 10w40 dino oil. I use a K&N filter, just because the nut makes eat easier to get off.
I put mine on by hand and take them off with the bike hot as heck by hand. I like it to drain well :laugh: I need to get a crush washer the next time I'm near the shop, keep reading these, I screwed the oil drain plug threads and it worries me. 7 oil changes and the original is still being used :banghead:

Anyone have or seen a good video on how to remove fairings for the oil change? I've never done it, sort of worries me. I saw a video on youtube however he had his kid behind the camera and it was just a step by step sort of without actually showing me exactly what and how he was taking things out.

Thanks man!

No problem :thumbsup:

Once you do it a few times it gets a lot easier and faster. And you need to get past that part where it sounds like you're about to break something :laugh:

Compared to other bikes I've had, it's still one of the slower bikes to get the plastics off though. Takes me about 1/2 hour to get them on and off totally.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GIVEII/?tag=hayabusamazon-20

Thinking of this filter, have not decided on oil yet.

Anyone try this filter?

41ogilOiNLL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Suzuki filters and Q8 Oils Moto SBK Racing Fully Synthetic, Spec. 10w-50, API SL, JASO MA. from 1st service at 600 miles onwards.

I use the above make because its stocked at my local Oil Distributors at a reasonable price around £100 for 25 Litres, I don't think it matters the make as long as you know the Spec. you want.

Best regards Stretch.:laugh:

Back