Changing clutch

I take it your talking about changing the clutch itself and not the fluid. If it was me I would drain the oil and while the oil is draining change your clutch out. Putting new filter on and filling with oil after clutch is done. Even though you shouldn't lose much, if any oil if your bike is on the side stand.

I take it your talking about changing the clutch itself and not the fluid. If it was me I would drain the oil and while the oil is draining change your clutch out. Putting new filter on and filling with oil after clutch is done. Even though you shouldn't lose much, if any oil if your bike is on the side stand.

That is exactly what I did in Dec.

As mentioned above, drain the oil and then change out the clutch plates. Personally, I wouldn't use old oil with new plates, but that's just me :)

Drop your oil and let the clutch fibers soak in the old oil for 20 minutes or so, then change the clutch plates, put your drain plug back in and fill it up. Fibers will last longer if you put them in after a good soak.

Don't you have to break out ur clutch for couple 100 miles? Wouldn't that dirty the oil?
What? Follow the directions I gave you. Don't overthink this my friend. It's not rocket science.
I assume you meant break-in the clutch? If so, no you don't.

Back