chain tool

(ToyKraz @ Mar. 06 2007,21
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(Professor @ Mar. 06 2007,20:37) Golden Child is offering a Motion Pro brand chain breaker and rivet tool.  I don't think it is fair to try to price match with items that may simply be inferior copies of the 1st line tool.

By comparison, I see you are listing Gilles rearsets in your signature.  If price is your only concern, why didn't you buy these? <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Adjustable-Rearsets-SUZUKI-GSXR1300-GSXR-1300-HAYABUSA_W0QQitemZ150098147984QQihZ005QQcate

goryZ35580QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Ebay Rearsets only $159</a>
Professor, price is never a concern as should be apprarent by my sig. He11, my last custom build cost me over $65K. However, how often is a chain tool really used? I just put Gixx1300R extensions and a new 530ZZZ chain on using a $9.95 chain tool that I borrowed and it worked great.
You got a picture of that $9.95 tool?I would like to see a tool for $9.95 that will press together a chain and rivet it....please post link or pic of it,and i'll start stocking them instead of these ones I carry...I hope you didn't just press it on and think that is all you had to do like a lot of the ones I have seen that come apart and bust cases and wreak havoc on the person's body when chain hits their leg...

Is this what you used?If so you better not rip and rare on it if you didn't mushroom the soft rivet heads...Right tool for the right job will lead to a safe ride..

pp2502_web.jpg

No, I used one like this.
d2_1.JPG

and you are absolutely correct, it does not rivet them. That required a little more manual process, since I didn't have the right tool for the right job.
laugh.gif

(ToyKraz @ Mar. 07 2007,07:41) No, I used one like this.  
d2_1.JPG

and you are absolutely correct, it does not rivet them. That required a little more manual process, since I didn't have the right tool for the right job.  
laugh.gif
Cool that's just a chain breaker,not a press or riveter,just making sure i wasn't wasting money on something i didn't need to buy/sell.

Back