Chain Tool

I am going to be playing around with my swingarm length and will probably need to use one a couple or three times while I get it set right, and I don't want to spend a sh$tload of cash on one cause the next time I need a chain, I will just cut it to match my existing one, but for now?? I dunno what to do!!
If I didn't loan it to my buddy in California, who is s-l-o-w to return things, I'd be happy to FedEx my RK kit to you.

If by chance, I get it back over the weekend, I'll PM you!
Thanks man!! That would be awesome!!

+1 on Motion Pro Jumbo kit.  Never changed a chain in my life til the other day.  Got the CORRECT tool for the job.  Used the dremmel to shave down the riveted head of one pin and the motion pro pushed it smoothe outta there.  Puttin the new chain on was a BREEZE!!!
may need you to help me with mine,,,,
laugh.gif

I bought one on ebay,they are all pretty much the same,,around $80.I broke all the pins replaceing mine,I got it done but the kit is worthless now.it's a pain in the balls,next time i'll ride the bike over and pay the $50 to have it done in 10min.
I'm glad you said this and will use it for reference for now on..I offered a kit to a customer for $110 SHIPPED,he said I can get them on ebay for $50..I SAID BUY IT THERE THEN...GUESS WHAT HE HAS ONE OF MY KITS NOW...TOTAL COST $160 FOR NOT LISTENING....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...I HAVE YET TO BUST A PIN IN MY KITS...The ebay kit looks the same but it's not they use low grade metal and it snaps..I been using same one for years...
Can you hook me up with one bro?

I just use a bolt cutter on my chain, 5 seconds and im looping on the new one. The cycle gear tool worked fine for riveting which is all i cared to have it do.

That is the motion pro chain breaker and unless you buy a super duty one, none are good at knocking unground rivets off today.

Chains today are not the same as a few years ago. The chain breakers all have a note about grinding the rivet before trying to push it out.

I have the MP above and it has worked just fine.. I think a few others are have the same one I do
I have the same. A dremel with a tungsten tip makes short work of the head, then press out, replace, press on, and flare. That's about it sportsfans....
super.gif

I cut the chains off with my Milwaukee #6148 HD side grinder & a DeWalt .045 cutting wheel, cut it off on the bottom side of the rear sprocket where it exits foreward to the countershaft staying close to the driven sprocket. That is fast, & the Motion Pro puts them together looking good. No probs.  I have yet to try the breaking function.

Back