master link tool

joenub

Registered
is there anyone in the NE Florida (Jacksonville area) that has a chain riveting tool that they might want to loan out or stop by to use? i bought a new chain/sprocket setup and it came with the rivet setup, not a clip style like i expected.

I have no idea what your talkin about so here's a picture of bunny with a pancake on its head:laugh:

Couldnt help myself.

Im in NY and dont have a rivet tool so im not much help. Maybe pick up a clip link?

harbor freight...bought for 9 bucks...see my write up

got a clip link today, but it was so tight that i had to press it in with channel locks, where as the rivet link just slipped in. should this work itself out and loosen up, or should i be concerned?:dunno:

got a clip link today, but it was so tight that i had to press it in with channel locks, where as the rivet link just slipped in. should this work itself out and loosen up, or should i be concerned?:dunno:

Ive been running a clip style all year on my 240 rear, and a friend had 2 on his zx14 he dragged raced every friday. no issues to report.

I used chanel locks too, just they way they are.

you only need to peen the end on the rivet type. just put a block of wood behind it and hit it with a proper sized punch to flare the end.getting the old one off is just a matter of grinding the end off and pushing it through.

Back