Chain too tight?

Holy Schmoley Guacamole..........looks to be a whole-not-a-lot-of-wear on that front sprocket......."RATS !!!!!"
mad.gif

That pic says a thousand words in and of itself.

(The Big Red One @ Sep. 17 2007,14:40)
(smonroe86 @ Sep. 17 2007,02:57) its ok THE BIG RED ONE has had a little to much
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
It lorks like (hiccup) i've been (burp) busted. I'm still good to go tho ociffer...............Damn i spiledd my beer on the keyberd again
mad.gif

Damn I love beer
tounge.gif

time to ride.........................
laugh.gif

On a side note to keep the chain from moving as you tighten the axle, be sure you start with your wrench facing straight back (9:00 position) then only tighten it till its straight up (12:00 position) or less...then repeat and your chain won't move. The prob is if you tighten in such a way as to move your axle back off the adjusters as your tightening, you WILL change the chain tension. Hope this helps
wink.gif
You are pefec..pefec..really right...beer is damn good!

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(FAVahalik @ Sep. 23 2007,21:00)
(The Big Red One @ Sep. 17 2007,14:40)
(smonroe86 @ Sep. 17 2007,02:57) its ok THE BIG RED ONE has had a little to much
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif
It lorks like (hiccup) i've been (burp) busted. I'm still good to go tho ociffer...............Damn i spiledd my beer on the keyberd again  
mad.gif

Damn I love beer  
tounge.gif

time to ride.........................  
laugh.gif

On a side note to keep the chain from moving as you tighten the axle, be sure you start with your wrench facing straight back (9:00 position) then only tighten it till its straight up (12:00 position) or less...then repeat and your chain won't move. The prob is if you tighten in such a way as to move your axle back off the adjusters as your tightening, you WILL change the chain tension. Hope this helps  
wink.gif
You are pefec..pefec..really right...beer is damn good!
beerchug.gif
cheers brother
wink.gif
tounge.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

(Spudley @ Sep. 21 2007,16:47)
(FAVahalik @ Sep. 21 2007,13:09)
(Projekt @ Sep. 16 2007,04:16) Chains don't tend to stretch very evenly. Some segments can be stretched more than others. If you have a particularly tense section try rotating the tire a bit and you might find that section is sloppy. I got tired of adjusting so I installed a (prestretched) DID 530 ZVM with x rings. I never needs adjusting, just a good cleaning and lubing periodically.
Who makes the ZZZ chains. Is it DID? Everyone likes the ZZZ chains, but I've read that X rings are better.
EK makes the ZZZ. I have one, I'm never changing. I LOVE IT !!!!. The ZZZ does come with an X-ring.

Then I'm going with the ZZZ. There must be hundreds of posts from people who think they are the best. Besides ZZZ is zo easy to remember.
Then I'm going with the ZZZ. There must be hundreds of posts from people who think they are the best. Besides ZZZ is zo easy to remember.

Is it necessary to install a new cotter pin after adjustment or is it ok to reuse the existing one??

Back