Chain replacement price???

rikrok

Registered
I was planning on changing out my chain myself, then I read the thread about pining it. I really don't feel like buying the chain tool, so I figured I would just farm this one out.

I called the local Suzuki dealership and he said they get about $400 to do it. $260 for the chain and 2 hours labor.

I then called a local sport bike repair and accessory shop ( I come from the cruiser world and have no contacts) He said I should change out the sprockets also (bike has 15k on it). Up or down on the tooth count would matter. O ring chain, 2 sprockets and labor $330?

Is this too good of deal or was the dealership trying to screw me?

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Call Charles at street n track, I've bought several chains and sprocket sets from him. I borrowed the tool from a friend. I think you can get a tool for around $60. I want to say that my chain and sprocket sets shipped to my door were less than $200. 550 ZZZ :dunno:

GoldenChild

DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?
Donating Member
Registered
I will sell you a chain/sprockets and the tool and help you install over the phone if you like won't be $400 either,lol..

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
special tool to do the chain...ohhh no better read up on this one as its my next project

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgt