Chain Link Count?

vulgar2

Registered
Hey guys..
Just got my new sprocket/chain kit in the mail. Kept the front at 17 tooth and increased the rear to 43 tooth. The chain I was sent is 116 link. Got the new sprockets on, pulled the wheel back as far as I could (see pic) and the chain is too long! Counted the stock links...112. Anyone know what the correct chain size is for this setup? Do I have any other options then sending it back and waiting 2 weeks for another?? Thanks.
DSCF0385.jpg

DSCF0385.jpg

Easy fix...As Stated above, cut a few links out of it. Move your tire all the way forward, start one end of your chain on the rear sprocket and pull the chain tight around he front sprocket and back to the rear around the sprocket. then fold it over itself and you will see where the chain meets itself on the rear sprocket. cut off the extra links by grinding the last pin ON the rear sprocket and using a chain breaker (got mine from harbor freight for $6). That is where your master will connect the two ends of the chain.

Dont worry about it, unless you keep the stock set-up chains almost always have to be cut. Besides, its better to order it too long than too short...you cant water it and make it grow!!!

good luck!

Stock 112 works with 17/42, it's what I have on mine. It is almost all the way forward in the swingarm and near the end of the adjusters, though. You can probably cut 2 links out, down to 114, and be okay.

I use a bench grinder and a pin punch in a pinch. Grind the rivet down as far as you can and knock it out with the pin punch. Chain breaker is better. Not sure I would use the clip type master on a Busa though. I always use the rivet type. Clips just don't seem strong enough for that application to me. Don't want to blow it off at warp 9!

Use the rivet type links if you do any drag racing. On the street they seem to work ok, on the track I have lost 3 of them. I do not do anything but rivet type now and have never had an issue.

Back