Chain replacement price???

rikrok

Registered
I was planning on changing out my chain myself, then I read the thread about pining it. I really don't feel like buying the chain tool, so I figured I would just farm this one out.

I called the local Suzuki dealership and he said they get about $400 to do it. $260 for the chain and 2 hours labor.

I then called a local sport bike repair and accessory shop ( I come from the cruiser world and have no contacts) He said I should change out the sprockets also (bike has 15k on it). Up or down on the tooth count would matter. O ring chain, 2 sprockets and labor $330?

Is this too good of deal or was the dealership trying to screw me?

Call Charles at street n track, I've bought several chains and sprocket sets from him. I borrowed the tool from a friend. I think you can get a tool for around $60. I want to say that my chain and sprocket sets shipped to my door were less than $200. 550 ZZZ :dunno:

I will sell you a chain/sprockets and the tool and help you install over the phone if you like won't be $400 either,lol..

special tool to do the chain...ohhh no better read up on this one as its my next project

Back