Chain press...

ok i'm to poor to buy a chain press for like 12$ but not to poor to extend the swing arm :laugh: so is there a way to connect the chain without it? or does anyone live close that i may barrow it for a day? or do i need to just buy one...

Before i got my kit to do chains (it was like $100 or so), i have used a hammer and dolly. But being autobody guy i have them layn around.

$12 huh, can you finance it? haha its a tool, you or friend will probly need it again someday, Buy it

Every thread needs pictures...

DSC07511.jpg

There should be a couple of spacers that came with the master link.
I don't see them in your picture.
It stops the crushing of the 0-rings and keeps the roller in the center of that master link.
Did you get them?

There should be a couple of spacers that came with the master link.
I don't see them in your picture.
It stops the crushing of the 0-rings and keeps the roller in the center of that master link.
Did you get them?

The chain was a take off that I got for a great price, I didn't have spacers, I just took measurements to ensure I pressed it within spec. It's in the DIY section.

The chain was a take off that I got for a great price, I didn't have spacers, I just took measurements to ensure I pressed it within spec. It's in the DIY section.

:beerchug:yeah, yeah, i seen it, i sure did, yup,yup i thought to myself..." that guys on the ball". he had digital calipers n all wow!! :bowdown: way to go!!

now as for myslef i would use the spacers because i dont have that kinda patience...or knowledge...where would someone find the specs for that?:thumbsup: good job thats why this board is awesome

You can borrow mine and I'll even come over and help you if you're interested. I work out of Aurora and could swing down sometime.

:beerchug:yeah, yeah, i seen it, i sure did, yup,yup i thought to myself..." that guys on the ball". he had digital calipers n all wow!! :bowdown: way to go!!

now as for myslef i would use the spacers because i dont have that kinda patience...or knowledge...where would someone find the specs for that?:thumbsup: good job thats why this board is awesome

The Specs are in the manual. It's actually pretty easy. I just happened to have the right tools.

you can cheat and get a master link with the clip, but i wouldn't recommend that

I just found this again, I PM'd ya back with my number if you still need help, 2 weeks later. sorry about not getting back to you sooner.

Back