Chain Life?????

JoshS

Registered
How long should a stock chain last?????
I have an 08 with over 16,000 miles.:dunno:

And when I replace it any suggestions and price.

Thanks

Got an 08 in the garage with 21K and the chain is ok. I'd like to know recommendations as well.

I just changed mine a 24k. It was fine. Just a little noisy. But not stretched out or looking fatigued. I figured better safe than sorry.

REPLACE if chain is no longer within specs per manual (p 46 of the Gen II service manual)

20-25,000 miles if properly maintained. Kromdom has the definative answer. Replace when its out of spec regardless of the mileage.

How long should a busa chain last?

Totally depends on the maintenance it has received.

I don't know how long the OEM would last but I am getting ready to replace an EK chain with just a tad over 2K after it snapped on me a couple weekends ago. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of servicing it, but I guess not.

EK chain with just a tad over 2K after it snapped on me a couple weekends ago. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of servicing it, but I guess not.

might be the gobs of power your beast is putting down?

Only a little over 236 hp at the rear wheel. I thought the chain wold hold. I haven't raced that much on it at all. It could have been the extension blocks that helped. I have warped 3 of the chain tensioner bolts on them.

How long should a busa chain last?

Totally depends on the maintenance it has received.

And drivers behavior too.Accelarations with low gears and gear changes at full throttle will reduce chains life regardless how well is maintained.JMO???

21k on my k8 and it's toast. the tight spot is to tight and the loose spot is to loose so I get supper bad chain lash and I'm at the end of the swing arm on adjustment. It's so bad that when going a steady speed the bike surges...bad.

I just ordered a chain and both sprocket form PashnitBusa.com

I just listed this replacement chain for sale, since I sold the Busa. :(

Sigma 530 Motorcycle Chain NEW, 130 links: eBay Motors (item 180543005042 end time Aug-12-10 14:18:58 PDT)

I'm not trying to make a killing, just to keep it from taking up space. It's brand new.

Edit: btw, why can't I post anything in classifieds anymore? Is it because I haven't been on the site in a while? I'm confused.

chain.jpg

Last edited:
I have 9500 Miles and have not even adjusted the Chain on My Gen 2........Still within specs

I have 9500 Miles and have not even adjusted the Chain on My Gen 2........Still within specs
No way!!

Every bike with every chain (DID EK RK OEM) ALL had to be adjusted every 400 miles at least. You may want to check.

Back