chain question

tonsofun00

Registered
i have to get a new master link for my stock chain on my genII on my way home from work and need to know the manufacture of the stock chains to get one. I dont have my bike near me to check. Also i am going down 2 teeth in the front i am assuming i will need to shorten the chain. I have 5000 miles on this chain and was told it was okay to use the same chain. What do you guys reccomend and if i should replace it what is the most durrable chain you would suggest. I am hard on my bike, i am fat, and i dont lube chain after everyride..., but i am getting better with chain maint. on every other ride. i searched the forum and internet already just lookin for help. thanks

Down 2 in the front? Geez, that is adding some strain to the chain, asking it to really turn with less circumference. I would go +2 or +3 in the rear. That chain will get pretty warm.

Down 2 in the front? Geez, that is adding some strain to the chain, asking it to really turn with less circumference. I would go +2 or +3 in the rear. That chain will get pretty warm.
in all honesty i said that to my friend that owns a bike shop and he said it shouldnt be a problem and talked me into just doing the front. summa bish

down 1 in front is just about +3 in the rear... I can not imagine trying to ride that thing +6 on the rear.. :laugh:

Back