What Hayabusa chain shall i buy???

Ivan Zammit

Registered
I have an 08 hayabusa engine on a single seater hillclimb/race track car. Running approx 200bhp.
I am looking to buy a chain but i am very confused on which chain i should buy. I was looking at EK 530 DR2, DRZ2 or ZZZ. The problem is that the DR's are only to be used for Drag race only and are non o ring chains.

Any suggestions please????

Sorry no info here, this is a street bike site and 2 wheels. not 2 much for your alley! Sorry!

I am in the same boat... My chain is also stretched going by the manual measuring the link and getting the value:banghead:

Do I order a 520 or 530? How about front sprocket should I order a new also with the chain or should it be ok?

I am in the same boat... My chain is also stretched going by the manual measuring the link and getting the value:banghead:

Do I order a 520 or 530? How about front sprocket should I order a new also with the chain or should it be ok?

How many miles? It's normally good practice to replace both sprockets when adding a new chain.
You will need a 530 unless doing a swap to 520.

I went with the ZZZ. It now has 44000 miles on it and still looks good. I did change sprockets, but do not think they needed to be changed. :)

How many miles? It's normally good practice to replace both sprockets when adding a new chain.
You will need a 530 unless doing a swap to 520.

I am almost at 13K..I replaced the rear to a JT steel sprocket about 2500 miles ago which isnt showing any wear.
Guess I will replace the front for chits and giggles since I will be in there anyway.

Back