chain breaker tool help

That tool is just a chain breaker - it is only used to push the pin out of the master link. You will need to get something like the Motion Pro tool to install and peen the new master link...

thank you all for the advice ill keep the tread till i get to it in week or two..but in all fairness... why would it be installed with the pin and spring with the ball berring (ie i unscrewed the inner to look at the pin and the ball berring fell out) between the inner screw and the pin and the spring?

The bearing goes between the pin and the inner screw. Oil it when you use it. Also oil the threads on the inner screw. It's there to allow the inner screw to turn as it goes in, but keep the pin from turning while it's against the pin you are trying to remove. That also keeps the push pin centered as you tighten the inner screw.

Like this for removal:

DSCF2897.jpg

Last edited:
ahhh i see said the blind man to the deaf man as the lame man walked out the door to get hit by the quadrapalegic driveing the mack truck as the mute screamed "get out of the way" ....and the angels sang a old hank williams song:cheerleader:

ahhh i see said the blind man to the deaf man as the lame man walked out the door to get hit by the quadrapalegic driveing the mack truck as the mute screamed "get out of the way" ....and the angels sang a old hank williams song:cheerleader:
That's funny!

I used to always hear it, "I see, said the blind man to his deaf dog as he pulled out his hammer and saw."

Glad you got the info you needed!

--Wag--

That's funny!

I used to always hear it, "I see, said the blind man to his deaf dog as he pulled out his hammer and saw."

Glad you got the info you needed!

--Wag--

:laugh: I always heard it this way "I see said the blind man to his dumb sister in the dark as she stuck her hand in the naked man's pocket"

Back