Sato Racing Tank Pins

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Question for you that have already used the nice looking Sato Racing Tank Pins. Received mine today. I left the rubber in the tank at the front, where the OE Bolts were and now the pins come up through. However, I pulled the metal inserts as the SATO pins do not fit through that metal insert. I assume that the rubber in the front tank holes needs to stay so I will not have metal tank to metal frame. The pins are not long enough to take the Sato Racing plate let alone the plate and cotter pin. I want to know what others did? I really don't like taking out those rubbers and going metal to metal or cutting those rubbers and such. What did any of you do?

Unscrew the studs so you can get the clip in,

Unscrew the studs so you can get the clip in,
Gen II. My Gen one was exactly how you describe this. However, the Gen II Sato's has the big nut at the base and the base nut is the bottom of the length regardless of if it's up or down adjusted. Wish that was it.......

Ground the rubber down to make it thinner. OK, since you can't use the aluminum sleeve that goes in from the factory you can't use tank prop rod. Don't like the Sato's at all. Don't like upgrading to find out something else does not work. I'm very OCD and it sux. New rubbers order and will go with the narrow pins that I used on my Gen 1.

Back