Center stand is on!

slime

Registered
Just wanted to give props to whom ever had the install tips on hear a while back. It was not that hard, even the springs were no big deal. After the install, I yanked the rear wheel off and will take it to get the new skin put on tomorrow. I guess I'll take it to the skyway this weekend to see if it drags! I just hope it doesn't cause aerodynamic drag, you know, without that wing
rock.gif

I rode with my centerstand for a long time and didn't drag it. However, make sure you have replaced the "feelers" on your foot pegs with the longer ones that came with your stand. They will scrape before the stand. Also, the little wing is indeed part of the aerodynamic package and does have some small effect at very high speeds. For the speeds most of us travel though, you shouldn't notice a thing.

I just put the Brocks Hindle full system on my bike this winter and the centerstand works perfectly with that system as well, however, I removed the stand because I didn't like the way it looked without a pipe on the left side. It was very convenient when I had it, and very stable too!
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

I just bought mine and after reading the direction on how to install it, I changed my mind. I took the advice of another member to use a breaker bar to bend the pipes a little to clear the way for the bolt. After a few attempts, I gave up. Up fpr sale soon.

I had the factory center stand, took it off. The bike is way cleaner looking and lighter without it. I feel way better off with a spool style bike stand. Sell your center stand on ebay orsometing and get a set of stands, front and rear.

Sorry, no pictures. I killed my digital camera and can't get another one yet (I had to buy tires
biggrin.gif
) The whole reason I added the center stand is because I tour on mine AND I live in an apt, so no place to really work on it. Besides, the stands would be tough to carry on the bike while traveling! I can and did remove the rear wheel to get a new tire installed, saved me a lot of $$ just for that. As far as the weight and stuff, come on, my stock 'busa has 160 (dynoed when newer)) rwhp! OK, so maybe I can ONLY do180 now
wink.gif
Each to his own. I ran it thru the gap and several other roads, didn't drag! I also don't think it looks bad, then again I am running stock pipes too.
YMMV

Welcome to the small band of pro-center stand members. Most don't like it, but I wouldn't be without mine.

IMG_0262Medium.jpg

pro-center stand member here!
couldn't live with out it.

cheers
ken

super.gif
Wait till ya C another tryin to lube the chain away from those leave at home stands. Who can drag one I'd like to shake their hand!

zBFwQURTmVNZWmOz6JOTBaPnuYMpfwFb0300.jpg

Very nice guys! I definitely don't lean enough to hit one of those on corners so I think I might pick one up. If someone could PM me where I can buy one for a reasonable price (or at least I hope they're reasonably priced), I'll definitely pick one up!

How tough is it to pick the Busa up onto the center? I've always had 450+ pound bikes and they can be difficult. Is there anywhere on the Busa to grab the rear and lift stock?

would it be too much to ask for a pic with the center stand up? I am very curious ( as in I want one, but want to see some more pics)
Thanks,

(InsertOriginalNameHere @ Jun. 06 2007,05:35) How tough is it to pick the Busa up onto the center?  I've always had 450+ pound bikes and they can be difficult.  Is there anywhere on the Busa to grab the rear and lift stock?
It's easy to walk it up on to the center stand. There's a hand hole on the stock bike you can grab the subframe through (in the photo of the blue/grey 'Busa in this thread, it's got mesh fillling it.)

For those who don't know how to do this:

Start with the bike on the kickstand.

Stand facing the kickstand side of the bike, right hand in the hand hole, left hand holding the left handlebar.

Push/lift the bike away from you to get it upright. Place your right foot on the foot lever on the center stand and press down lightly to bring the stand down so that both its legs are just touching the ground (this ensures you have the bike level.)

Start to roll the bike backwards slightly then drive the center stand down firmly with your right foot using the foot lever on the stand and the bike will go up under it's own impetus.

(InsertOriginalNameHere @ Jun. 09 2007,06:flamethrowing:) Where are you guys getting your center stands from (specifically ones in the pictures).  Ballpark prices?
Got mine from my local Suzuki dealership. I can't remember how much I paid, I think it was around $100.

Another pro center stand guy here. With the hump mod it's even easier getting it up as you can use the bar to grab onto while hoisting this pig!
humpmod.jpg

(KROOZER @ May 30 2007,03:43) I just bought mine and after reading the direction on how to install it, I changed my mind. I took the advice of another member to use a breaker bar to bend the pipes a little to clear the way for the bolt. After a few attempts, I gave up. Up fpr sale soon.
Hey! I was one that said it was easy and you don't have to drop the header! You did remove the bolt for the rubber mount @ the Y under engine rite
rock.gif
with a 2' pry bar its a cinch!NO BS
beerchug.gif

Back