Busa Center Stand

busaboyn2o

Registered
Ok Guys, as we all have known for a while the gen 1 side stand can be a bit of a D*CK. Rather than trying to mod it, I wanted to see what it takes to install a center stand. I have seen some Busa's on here with them, and want to know if it a direct bolt on, or what exactly needs to be done to make it work.

Secondly, where the hell can I get one. They come up on ebay every now and then, but most of them are rusted and not worth the cost in shipping.

Thanks,

In10SS

Donating Member
Registered
the big thing is dropping the exhaust. if you don't find one I had one local in nice shape I may be able to get.

busaboyn2o

Registered
the big thing is dropping the exhaust. if you don't find one I had one local in nice shape I may be able to get.
Lucky for me I'm turbocharged!! No exhaust to worry about. If you can get a hold of it, I'd definately be willing to take it off ur hands. Shoot me a PM if you can grab it.

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I've owned two Busi and have never tinkered with the kickstand. I even lowered the '06 1 3/4" in front and 2" in rear and managed to keep it up on the stand. It nearly stood straight up and down. That center stand has got to weigh a pound or ten :laugh: and looks like azz, but as always it's your ride be happy with it.

busaboyn2o

Registered
Well, I've owned two Busi and have never tinkered with the kickstand. I even lowered the '06 1 3/4" in front and 2" in rear and managed to keep it up on the stand. It nearly stood straight up and down. That center stand has got to weigh a pound or ten :laugh: and looks like azz, but as always it's your ride be happy with it.
Yeah, it does look a bit bulky, but you cant argue with a built in rear stand : :-)

I'm not a grudge racer or a guy who visits the track often enough for weight to be a big concern. I love how it looks standing tall, and the fact that you don't see too many with it.

cosmic_ocean

Registered
Question is how do u lug it on to the center stand... with the weight of the Busa, and the grab rail at the tail end!

Latest Bikes

• My Gen 3 Busa
    Photos of my 10 year freshen up on my 2009 Hayabusa. Parts highlights...
    • fallenarch
    • Updated:
  • Art 05 Hayabusa
    hayabusa 05
    • VIPER
    • Updated:
  • toads L2
    L2 as it is ridden today
    • ROADTOAD1340
    • Updated:
  • Busa in another part of Cornwall
    Cotehele pretty spot but residents didn't appreciate the Busa. I guess...
    • Grumpyoldjohn
    • Updated:
  • The Bumble Bee
    yellow09
    • Yellow09
    • Updated:

Members recently online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markturbo