CENTER STAND?

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT, I JUST PICKED UP A FACTORY CENTERSTAND TODAY WILL BE PUTTING IT ON THIS WEEKEND, ALONG WITH MY HELIBARS AND AFTERMARKET GRIPS. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THE CENTERSTAND IS. I'LL TELL YOU MY HONEST OPINION ABOUT IT. I RIDE HARD SO TIME WILL TELL!

I just ordered one too

Got to be cheaper than a pabbock stand, and easier to use as JC says. Just drop it and off you go!

SS

Nuts

NUMB: In the instructions they will tell you to remove your side fairing and horn and radiator bolt. This is not necessary.Your going to need a friend to help you to do it my way. Remove the left exhaust pipe from the left side, this is the only one that is removeable, from the right side of your bike you will see right in the middle where the pipes split to each side, theres a bracket and bolt, remove this bolt. Next remove the bolt that holds your right side exhaust on at the passenger foot peg. Now you'll need a floor jack & a long pipe for leverage. There's two bolts you need to slide in from the left side, The stopper bolt/nut and the bolt that holds the stand on. Put that pipe for leverage in the exhaust pipe that goes to your headers and with just a bit a pressure push down, this will just give enough clearance to slip in the stopper bolt.
After that with the floor jack, under the end where you removed the exhaust from the left side (same spot you put the pipe in)jack up exhaust just a hair to slip in the bolt that holds the centerstand. Your done! Put back all the other bolts you remove Follow the instructions except for the part about removing the fairing/horn/radiator part.Theres no need to do all that extra work that they say, even though after removing the left exhaust pipe the header is still the way for installation it only needs to be moved a hair up and down to slip in the required bolts.By loosing up the other bolts/brackets you can move the exhaust just enough to do the job and save time. hope I explained this to you clearly so you know what i did. Call me if unclear!

Thanks Hayawoody

I have printed out and will let youn know how I get on. Thanks for your time

Stay Safe

Knackered after 400 mile ride in heat
But Smiling NumbNuts :)

If anyone wants to know a short cut to installing a factory centerstand let me know i'll tell you what i did to save time from the factory instructions.

Back