center stand

SPEEDEMON

Donating Member
Registered
hey all
where is the best place to buy a center stand for my bike, and is it worth buying...is it hard to put the bike on the center stand and is it more secure than the side stand.
any info will be apreciated...

I bought the Suzuki center stand for my bike immediately from the local Suzuki dealer.  It is about $140 and it comes with all the hardware to install.  The bosses are already on the frame and if you check your left exhaust pipe you will see the bracket for the rubber centerstand stop already on the pipe.  I had to take both lower fairings off the bike and also drop the entire exhaust on my garage floor and, the hardest part was getting the two springs onto the center stand, but, it is really a nice thing to have.  The new lean indicators would seem to say that I lost a lot of cornering clearance, but, I am weak so I have never scraped them.
Lately I changed to a 42T back sprocket and getting the rear wheel off was a piece of cake on the centerstand.  Then I changed to a 16T front and the same drill was still easy.  Then I went back to stock.  That centerstand got a workout.  I always park the bike on the centerstand whenever possible so it guard against the dreaded side stand fall overs.  
If you are not a crazed cornerer, I recommend the center stand mod highly.

<!--EDIT|Tetge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123209645 -->

well he pretty much covered it
cool.gif

Nice :
thumbs-up.gif
! Heres another option to go with thatz alil cheaper on the pockets while keeping the weight down too.

Click the link below...
Tire qwick stand !!

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123221985 -->

I have one, installed at the stealership.

Absolutely love it!

--Wag--

Nice  :
thumbs-up.gif
 ! Heres another option to go with thatz alil cheaper on the pockets while keeping the weight down too.

Click the link below...
Tire qwick stand !!
That's a nice little gadget there that Quick stand!! Not really for home as i have my racestand and Rollastand but more for carrying under the seat for trips and stuff... Thanks for the hint on the product.

As for adding the center stand to the Busa, for me its a no no since ground clearance would be reduced too much for cornering (plus the added weight, plus its uggly!!), but if its not a problem for you, it could be very useful for maintenance indeed.

I have a center stand and I like it. All my bikes have had center stands.

It is possible to fit it without having to remove the entire exhaust. You can remove the bolt that holds the pipes under the engine, remove the mufflers and use a pry bar (between the pipes and the engine) to lever the pipes down enough to get clearance to insert the large bolt that goes through the stand's mounting holes.

For me it's not a cosmetic issue, it's one of practicality. It allows you to raise the rear of the bike (anywhere there's a level surface) without the need for a race stand, an accessory that I don't carry with me! That's proved very useful in the past when I've been away from home.

On a day to day basis it allows me to fuel the bike while it's upright and I don't have to sit on it, fit luggage and perform maintenance without worrying about the side stand folding, or dropping the bike off of a race stand (which has happened to some people on this board.) I can raise the bike on its center stand without needing anyone else's help, something I'm not so confident doing with a race stand.

It does reduce leaning clearance but I don't plan on going to the limit on my tires on the street anyway. If you don't have any chicken strips, it means you don't have a safety margin either, so I'm fine with that.

Of course, there are plenty of people on the board who'll disagree with me, but each to his own.

Agrees with the above and makes appropriate chicken noises. If you go to the track, the center stand is not for you, but it does not scrape riding briskly on the street. Of course, my briskly would be considered pretty slow by the street hot shoes who pass me.
As I have said before, go get a set of the centerstand specific lean indicators and put them on your footpegs and go riding and see if you scrape them. If not, you can use the stand.

I dont recomend a center-stand for a couple of things -

a) Extra weight
b) Lowered cornering capabality
c) IMO it looks kinda ugly, on such a beautiful bike

I bought one of those, but never got them installed
blush.gif
...If you are perticular that you want em, then you can buy them over http://www.bikebandit.com

If ya gotta have it dont spend $140.  Instead go here and get it for $54.95

Click onto the below link.....

s314_lg.jpg

Center Stand  !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123421189 -->

I just got done installing my center stand. I did check the web and found this site and it was very helpful. I'm glad I read far enough down to find out that you do not have to take the side fairings off or drop your entire exhaust system. That saved me alot of time I'm sure. I wish I would of read all the way down to find out I could of bought it for $54.95. Oh well live and learn. I would suggest having someone help you. It helps when you are putting the center stand stop bolt in. This is the one that you have to pry the exhaust out of the way to get in. Good Luck

Back