CENTER STAND?

OB_Hayawoody

Registered
Anyone put the center stand on? I heard it takes 3hrs labor to install! Is this true? Does in drag? I ride hard,don't want to be dragging a center stand all the time! Do you lose the rear belly pan when you put on? Any feedback would be great!

James,
I've got one. It's the factory item still in the shipping bag. I never installed it. I thought I would need it for chain work, but I bought a swingarm stand instead. List is $99.95 I'll give a 10% discount. If you're interested post back and we can make arrangements.
EZ

Unless you need to park regularly in a dodgy spot and all you need the stand for is to make servicing the rear easier, wouldn't a paddock stand be more appropriate?

I thought I'd really miss the center stand when I first bought the bike, but now, I wouldn't put one on for anything!

I have a pitbul at home for washing and maintenance and as far as finding solid ground for parking the bike - That just one of the reasons I drink beer!! ;)

I have it I love it I even keep it on when it is lowered and no it does not take 3 hours do a search and you will find everything you need.
when all us Busas go riding they are pissed while trying to find somewhere theor bikes won't roll or sink not me up and I am done

I installed the center stand myself and it does take a while to do, but the results are worth it. If anyone has any "how to" questions, let me know. Be careful once you get it on: the surface of the handle which push down on to put the bike on the stand is slippery (has clear coat on it also). Your foot can slip and if you're not careful, you can dump the bike on its side. This is exactly what happened to me :(

It's heavy, it drags, loose belly, but work...is what I've heard anyway. If you ride hard, I'd say bad idea.
Martin

And another tip ... you can also make the OEM centerstand a 1 minute on/off affair if you want.

I had the OEM centerstand on mine from the beginning and had some reservations at first regarding cornering clearance and those long hero-blobs, but in spite of using all of the rear tires width and thanks to adjusting the suspension to suit my weight and riding style, I've never ground anything with it in place (although before having the centerstand and before having adjusted the suspension I'd already ground both exhaust canisters during break-in).

Unfortunately, replacing the stock exhaust system by an Akrapovic meant that the end of the bolt (with nut on it on the RH side) that functions as centerstand stop with bike on centerstand was now uncomfortably close to the exhaust pipe part in that same area and I changed the centerstand into a relatively easy on/off affair by removing the end of that bolt that sticks out on the RH side and drilling a hole large enough for a sturdy split-pen through that same bolt just right from the inside of the LH frame lug that it goes through (hope you're still with me).

Now, when I want the bike on the centerstand for whatever maintenance in my garage, I only have to push that (slightly shortened and drilled) bolt through those 2 frame lugs, push the split pen through it to fix it in the proper position and then slide the centerstand into position and screw in the bolt that keeps that in place.
No more need for the springs or the tab that screws into the frame lug for them springs and it's easy on/off while the bike rests on sidestand.

I'm quite happy with this solution as I still prefer the sturdyness of the bike on a real centerstand while doing maintenance.

Yes, the small belly pan / wing just before the rear tire goes away for the centerstand.

Why, you think it looks good? LOL

Thanks Animal,

I was just wondering. The side pieces attach at the bottom of the pan. I know it would be simple to mod. The only thing I see this adds besides looks is a place for sand to gather.

With the OEM centerstand comes a small bracket for that, instead of the belly pan mounts for the fairing sides, so that's no concern at all.

JN, if you want a centerstand and want a nice discount call M.R. Cycle & Marine. Talk to V-Man...he takes care of the Busa owners on .ORG and LA Busa's. You'll probably get at least 20% off. I can't find his 800 number, I'll post later when I do.

Jim

Oem centerstand I will tell you what a lot of guys were laughing at the track till I changed a sprocket.
Up it went and off came the wheel and I was ready.
You can buy the parts seperatly for the stand so if you have a pipe you can leave it off and then throw it on in a second or two

Yes I still have it. If you can get it cheaper from V-Man then go for it. If you want me to ship the one I have, then let me know and I can phone you about details.
EZ

Back