caution (new image seats)

nappinj12

Registered
seat has 1 hour on it and it scratch paint off both sides of my tank from staples and scrathing into paint on tail. all 4 corners of seat! tring to post pics will not work when clicking attachments

did u put the seat bolts in or just lay the seat down and sit on it? the bolts hold the seat off the tank

have to upload pics first

CIMG0251.jpg

CIMG0253.jpg

CIMG0256.jpg

CIMG0260.jpg

CIMG0259.jpg

put both bolt in. corner lay on tank. and weight will push back corners down. thats why factory staple hole are a 1/2 in lower.

Sorry to hear that dude!! I have a New Image seat and I didn't have that problem.

Looks like they were short on material so the staples are close to the edge of the seat pan. For the money they get, this should've never happened. Hope they offer some type of resolution.

Same thing happened with a friend of mines new image seat. So when I got mine I put down a couple foam stick ons to keep it from happening to mine. They do need to put those staples a little farther back.

Tough story bro. I learn the hard way too!

Did you buy just the cover and staple it on your stock seat or did you buy a whole new seat?

same thing happened with mine, two staples towards the front of the seat on the edges wore through the paint a bit. Just covered the staples up with electrical tape to avoid further damage. Now i have two little chips on my tank, but i'm not worried about it bc it's always gonna be covered by the seat of course. Noticed this after a month or so having the seat on, didn't think much of it until i read your post. Was thinkin of just pulling those two staples, but don't want to risk messing the seat up at all

wow, just noticed your pics. That's quite a bit worse than mine, hopefully lee will take care of you, he is a great guy to deal with, but i agree this should have never happened

Found mine doing it last time I took the seat off to lift the tank. Not a problem for me since you can't see it with the seat on the bike.

Back