New Image Seat

I'm 6'1" and though i do notice the shorter leg space,can't say i've ever really noticed any leg cramping because of it(had the same seat on my Gen I for 3 years,but also had the modded Buell pegs for the last year).I'm usually just glad to get off the bike between fill ups and walk around.:laugh:

Nice seat...but I've wondered how the seat can be more comfortable if they reduce the padding in it? Do they add another type of material/padding?

Nice seat...but I've wondered how the seat can be more comfortable if they reduce the padding in it? Do they add another type of material/padding?

Often wondered that myself bro,i'm out in the garage so just walked over and squished the still stock rear seat hanging on the wall and then the new seat on the bike.Does seem to have a different feel but i can't say for sure,maybe someone else will chime in and let us know(i should've asked Lee when i had him on the phone last week:thumbsup:).

I dont know but u would think the cut seat would be like setting on a board with less padding...
But i have one and i like it better,there really nice..
I bought one with the kanji logos in chrome and the carbon fiber weave pattern..

I'm 6'1" and though i do notice the shorter leg space,can't say i've ever really noticed any leg cramping because of it(had the same seat on my Gen I for 3 years,but also had the modded Buell pegs for the last year).I'm usually just glad to get off the bike between fill ups and walk around.:laugh:

6'3 here. I guess with the BUELL pegs it would be ok. I think I've also read somewhere that they can cut less padding on request. I will give them a call to see what options there are and how any changes to the original cut affects comfort.

Often wondered that myself bro,i'm out in the garage so just walked over and squished the still stock rear seat hanging on the wall and then the new seat on the bike.Does seem to have a different feel but i can't say for sure,maybe someone else will chime in and let us know(i should've asked Lee when i had him on the phone last week:thumbsup:).

I've been wanting to pull the trigger on one but I've been a little apprehensive due to myself thinking that I "may" not like it because it has less padding but I guess in this case size doesn't matter.

My old gixxer 1000 had hardly no padding at all and after about 2-3 hours of riding i became very uncomfortable on it hence the move to to a busa.

Worse case is if I do get one then I'll just get another seat for the long distance rides.

Now I'm wondering whether to go with New Image or a custom Corbin that has been set with padding at stock height. :confused:

Two entirely different seats. I've got both.

Paid $150 used. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Dsc09895_corbin.jpg

Dsc09897_corbin.jpg

Dsc09895_corbin.jpg

Dsc09897_corbin.jpg

Can you pm me the info so I can have my seat done. Also how much did everything cost, and what would this mod be called? "Seat Mod" I'm guessing?

Back