New seat

mr8ball

Registered
After chatting with sixpack77 I decided on a seat. I found a used one on ebay and ordered this https://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/p-360-airhawk-r-cruiser-seating-system-wcover.aspx
I am going to take the stock seat and pull off all the padding as he suggested and put the airhawk directly on the pan. I am not looking to raise my seat height to much so. My Tobin/New Image seat has just got to hard to ride to much anymore. I am going to call Lee and see what he might suggest I do to get the comfort back but if the new seat works out the old one will just be a spare. You get 60 days try it and if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund. I sure hope its as nice as they say.

It's not going to built in. It does come with straps that goes around the seat so I can remove it when I need to. Here is a vid I found on youtube

Motorcycle Seat available at J&P Cycles. - YouTube[/url]

It should be here in a few days I just hope the weather is good so I car try it out :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I agree but when you have a bad back and love to go fast some times you will put up with things. They come in all different sizes and I got the one that is the closest to the stock seat size

Mr8ball can make/customize seats, so with him strapping it to the seat pan he can make what appears to otherwise be a stock seat. It does look really comfortable too!:thumbsup:

So you are going to remove the stock padding and put the Air Hawk seat directly on the pan? Do you plan to try and remount the stock seat cover over the Air Hawk padding at all?

So you are going to remove the stock padding and put the Air Hawk seat directly on the pan? Do you plan to try and remount the stock seat cover over the Air Hawk padding at all?

The AirHawks come with a cover, but I'm sure a stock looking cover could be made(if the stock cover won't fit over it).

My plan is to take all the padding out of the seat and put the stock cover back on it. Then just strap the airhawk to that. I will get pics and post. Everything should be here tomorrow so I hope I can get it done this weekend. :cheerleader:

My plan is to take all the padding out of the seat and put the stock cover back on it. Then just strap the airhawk to that. I will get pics and post. Everything should be here tomorrow so I hope I can get it done this weekend. :cheerleader:

I get it now - I thought you were going to put the cover over the airhawk too. This will be interesting lol.

Well I got the airhawk and my seat in today. The seat was used and had been cut somewhat like a Tobin. I tried the airhawk on the Tobin at first and it was not good at all. Kinda bunched the boys up even though the airhawk is supposed to have a cut out for that.:laugh: I then went to the stock seat I bought and tried it. Well, it wasn't much better in the boys area. I tried all different air settings different places on the seat with very little change. The more air you have in it the more you feel that you are sitting on a ball floating around. The no skid material works great because every time I hit the break I felt as if I was waring shorts because my paints got pulled up so far. I did not want to try it on the pan by itself because with the little amount of air that you have to have in it I just know it would have felt very hard. I only road a few miles but is doesn't take far to know something does not feel good. I am still going to give it another try, just wanted to give my first impression. Here are a few pics.

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0656.jpg

Back