corbin vs. new image/tobin

hemi

Registered
got my seats done by lee at new image a while ago, and so far they have been great. After a long trip with the wife on the back yesterday, she hates the feel of the rear seat, and my legs were getting really cramped up after a while on the bike. I'm curious how u guys like the corbin seats, i have read nothing but positive comments on them. I would like to get her the rear seat with backrest, but would also want the front corbin seat to match. Anyone tried both corbin and new image seats, if so, which did u prefer. Pretty stupid to buy another set of seats, but my legs have been cramping up a bit lately from being lower in the bike. If i did decide to make the jump, i would definitely need to sell mine though. Also, the little storage box on the backrest looks slick, anyone have one installed?

I have a corbin, like brand new Gen I, I liked it a from the comfort standpoint, but to be honest I am too short for it. It was too hard to maneuver the bike in and out from the saddle with sure footing. I now have the seat you describe and like it much better. I am sure that you may get as many opinions as there are seats.

I have both, Corbin and New Image. The New Image sits on the shelf. I couldn't get used to the little hump part rubbing my butt. My buddy has an 08 with a New Image seat and he likes it. He is shorter than me though.

The problem with seats is that it is all personal opinion. There have been hundreds of posts discussing this very issue.

I went with the Corbin rider and passenger seat with the back rest for my wife. I love the seat, it suits me and my passenger great. I also changed out the pegs for lower pegs and put heli-bars on the bike as well, so I am sure this has a factor in all of that too.

I like the back rest the most because it is a sense of security for me that my wife will not fall off the back if she is relaxing and have to get on the gas quickly.

just took another long trip today, and i was gettin really cramped up again and had to shift around about every 5 seconds to get comfortable. Really thinkin about trying the corbin, but that would be a lot of money spent in seats:laugh:. I'm about 6'1"/190lbs-slim and sexy with long legs. Maybe the reduced height with the new image seat is what is bothering me, never seems like i can get my legs comfortable on the pegs (buell peg mod also).

also have the corbin rear seat w/backrest for the wife. She loves the backrest, but complains the seat is pretty firm and not too comfortable, we've only put about 200 miles on the rear seat so far, so i'm hoping it just needs to break in for her. Might strongly consider getting a front corbin soon though

I have Corbin's front and rear. My wife is very happy with her seat and backrest. I'm trying my seat for the second time (hated it after 20 miles the first go). So far so good. I didn't care because the stocker was fine but last longer ride I was feeling the pressure where my thighs contacted the seat. I haven't spent mor than an hour straight on the Corbin but we'll see.

Not sure if any of this helps or not.
Also the Corbin does lower you into the bike I don't know how much compared to the Tobin but it's about 2 inches from stock and feels like a mile.

I have Corbin's front and rear. My wife is very happy with her seat and backrest. I'm trying my seat for the second time (hated it after 20 miles the first go). So far so good. I didn't care because the stocker was fine but last longer ride I was feeling the pressure where my thighs contacted the seat. I haven't spent mor than an hour straight on the Corbin but we'll see.

Not sure if any of this helps or not.
Also the Corbin does lower you into the bike I don't know how much compared to the Tobin but it's about 2 inches from stock and feels like a mile.

I just realized this is the Gen II Forum. My response is in regards to a Gen I:whistle:

I have an 08, and love my Corbin. I've had em on other bikes and wouldn't buy anything else!:thumbsup:

I have the Tobin on mine and love it. I did how ever put the buel pegs on mine. I am 5'8 and my legs still cramp if i ride to long

had a Corbin on my '01 and gave up on it before I actually got to use it (found it too firm). Decided to give the Corbin a shot again with my '08 and I find myself NOT thinking about seat comfort at all (it is doing its job very well, focusing more on riding)

had a Corbin on my '01 and gave up on it before I actually got to use it (found it too firm). Decided to give the Corbin a shot again with my '08 and I find myself NOT thinking about seat comfort at all (it is doing its job very well, focusing more on riding)

Yeah, they can take a while to break in. I got mine early this year, it's only really broken in the last month or two. Now it's softer and has the perfect shape for me.

Back