corbin seat more comfy for longer rides than new image for taller riders?

hemi

Registered
Have had my new image seats on for quite a while now and love them so far. My only complaint is after a few hour ride my legs/hamstrings cramp up quite a bit and i find myself shifting in the seat constantly to try and stay comfortable. I'm about 6'1" 190lbs and have pretty long legs, also have the buell peg mod done. Was considering a corbin seat quite a few times, not sure if it would match the comfort of new image though. Have been checkin the classifieds from time to time with no luck so far. Any opinions? Think i should try the corbin? Would hate to spend that much on a seat again and possibly not like it. I do love the look of the new image seat though and the lower back pad/hump is awesome!!

Not the answer you want to hear but only way to know for sure is to ride in one.

I hated the Corbin on my '01 but loved it on my 08 (proved its mettle when I did the IBA SaddleSore 1000: 1000 miles in 24 hrs or less). Currently have a Suzuki gel seat on my 09 and like it as well. Have not taken it only a serious long ride yet though. I am 5'10", 190 lbs with a 30-in inseam.

P.S. Still have Corbin from my 08 (blue/tan color), undecided if I want to sell it or not.

Find a local that'll let you try their seat out

Sent from my rooted, rom'd, and rockin droid

Aren't all the custom seats like Corbin etc. lower to the ground than the standard seat? That'd mean a more acute angle on the knees and considerably less comfort over time I would think.

don't think the corbin and suzuki gel are any lower to the ground than stock. The tobin/new image-definitely yes it's lower, they shave the seat down about 1.5" i believe. Pretty surprised to see a few good things said about the suzuki gel. When i got my new image seats done i did not see one good comment about the suzuki gel. Everybody was either for tobin or corbin. Really considering trying out a corbin, already have the back corbin seat w/backrest and i wouldn't mind getting the matching corbin front

The Corbin I tried on my Gen 1 moved my ass down and back a bit. I preferred the Suzuki gel seat as it offered more leg room and allowed me to side my butt forward.

cheers
ken

now my only concern about getting a corbin is the leather/material matching my rear corbin seat. Got the rear corbin seat/backrest in natural black leather, not the carbon fiber leather/asphalt sides like they recommend on their site. Reason i got just plain leather was to match my new image seat as closely as possible. If i did go with a corbin drivers seat i could just get plain black leather to match, but i like the carbon fiber look/asphalt sides better, and it would probably be a little more grippier. Gonna shoot them an email and see what they say on how they would look together with black leather rear and carbon fiber leather front

im 6'4 240 got a corbin seat and i love it!!! I tried the stock seat for a day and couldnt wait to take it off! never had a cramp or a sore ass from riding all day
+1 for corbin!:bowdown:

what leather/materials are u guys getting the corbin's in? Are u just getting the corbin with the material as advertised on their site: carbon fiber leather and asphalt sides, or just plain black leather? Thinkin about purchasing one tomorrow, but still tryin to decide if i should try it over my new image

If you are serious about long distance travel, then it has to be the airhawk seat. It is like sitting on air. No hot spots and no aches and pains.:thumbsup:

European Trip 097.jpg

I'm 6'4" 245lb and handsome, and have found the stock seat (09) does a pretty good job for me. As expensive as these aftermarket seats are, they better be something special before I'd shell out all that $$$...

Lol, trolling for a date there bud?

Sent from my rooted, rom'd, and rockin droid

I bought a used Corbin when my bike was less than a week old for $130. I love it. With the stock seat, I can only ride for about 300 miles before I start hurting. With Corbin, I've ridden over 1,100 miles in almost 22 hours and still smiling at the end of the ride. I'm 5'10" 185lbs.

Back