caught a break tonight

mynewride

Registered
I was on my way home from school today and decided to take the back roads. 47 th St curves around the south end of McConnell Air force base. Its a 4 lane sweeper rated at 45. I have my knee out leaned over when I spot a cop. I'm at the exit of the corner and lift. I look down and see 70 on speedo as I'm braking.

I was thinking rats I just got nailed. Instead the officer just flashed his lights, warning me to slow down. I would like to think that all the gear and an empty road saved my tail. Or perhaps he just too busy for my petty speeding. No idea how fast I was going but I was grinning from ear to ear just before I pooped when I saw the officer.

It was the karma points you earned by finally setting your clock:whistle:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I know that feeling almost exactly. I was headed home one night on I95 south and to get on 595 the off ramp parallels I95 for a mile or so and at the end you go left for east and right for west. Well west has a very nice deep sweeper before you parallel 595 for a 1/2 mile or so before you start to merge. So as I start into the corner at "above the suggested speed limit" which is 65 I notice headlights in my right mirror for a car gaining on me in the other lane trying to pass me. And in my head I'm thinking look at this idiot trying to pass me in a corner at 80+ so of course i accelerate a bit more. As I start to straiten up out of the corner that's when i get to see the FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) on the side of the car as he looks at me, gives me a quick flash of his lights and continues to pass me in the right lane. Nothing like getting the heart a pumping while you do the speed limit the rest of the way home.

+1 for the nice Po Po out there...:thumbsup:

Back