Need a Break

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I need a break, really I do.  Sometimes in life you just need to "get away."  I've decided to spend a few days in the mountains and plan on staying in, or close to, Robbinsville.  Obviously have to ride the Dragon a bunch too, and maybe just sit at the CROT and watch folks come and go.  Oh, I know, I had a wonderful time at the Bash, and I'm sure going back to the Dragon alone won't be the same... it will somehow be different... I've never been there except for the Bashes.   Anyway, weather permitting I'm leaving on Wednesday the 23rd of this month and I'm not even going to make reservations.  I'm just going to go and I'm not coming back till Memorial Day.

I've stayed at the Microtel the last two Bashes, but does anyone know anything about the "Two Wheel Inn?"  I know they have a little garage to put the bike, and maybe they have suites too.  I'm taking my laptop and I want to do pictures of my travels everyday and put them on the puter.  I plan on doing most of the Smokies... places I haven't been in years.  I may even take a day trip over to Ashville and see Vman at work.  I plan on ending up back at the hotel each night to relax and put down some thoughts.

I'm looking for a tranquil setting, maybe a place I can see the mountains in the evenings and think.  I just need to get away from the rat race for awhile.  I'll probably have Ken Wheeler set up my suspension while I'm there too....talked to him about it at the Bash.

Well, any suggestions on where to stay?  Thanks!  Bob
cool.gif

i was at the gap last weekend and it was great love it every time we go .i think me and the wife are going on the 25th up to the smokies of around there for the weekend. if iam at home from work . iam the same way i donot know were we are going to stay at . hope to know by then..e-mail would like to meet up and ride for awhile if i get to go..

i be there sometime that weekend. i would like to meet other busa riders then the ones i ride with. we well ride to the gap or the skyway that weekend. i what to go to suches if i can . lthankset me know if you all ride up there..

I have stayed at the Two Wheel Inn 2 years in a row now. It is a newer establishment, nice friendly owners who cater to bikers. Convenient to the Cherohala, Deals Gap, and Wheeler's bike shop. The garages are nice too for wrenching and keeping your ride out of the elements.

Stop by Wheeler's and get your Busa dyno tuned and remapped for $89. He gained me 5hp and 5tq on my stock 2006 Busa. He did 8 dyno runs to dial in the air-fuel ratio. And the low rpm stumble went away, and midrange drivability improved.

Back