Had a break in at the house tonight....

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
Had a jackass break into our garage, dogs alerted and I met him at our front door with my 9mm in hand. I had to fire a warning shot in his general direction just to keep him from wandering while waiting for sheriff to show up.

He is a repeat offender and the sheriff knew him right off the bat. Nothing was missing, but he had the big garage door open and lights on, so he is being charged with burglary.

While trying to get him to stand still, I used techniques the military has taught me and they worked well for keeping him detained. I let him know that I have a doberman and she can run faster than him. I told him I was active duty military and could shoot a gun just fine. I also told him that Georgia gun laws state that I do not have to run, I can shoot him on my property simply for trespassing.

Trying to come down from the 4 hour adrenaline high now.

So much for those that think guns should be against the law, going to buy more guns tomorrow.

Glad it went down the way it did, could have been much worse. And guys, they are turning out non-violent criminals to ease jail crowding. It will only get worse I am afraid.

Glad it went down the way it did, could have been much worse. And guys, they are turning out non-violent criminals to ease jail crowding. It will only get worse I am afraid.

same here im afraid:banghead: how about bringing back the birch that was a very effective system and then if that dont work you could try a long rope:whistle:

Thanks for the comments. Believe me, I am very glad it turned out the way it did, and know full well it could have gone bad. From my training, I was able to identify that he knew he was caught and did not know what to do. I kept about 10 feet away from him, just out of lunging distance and kept my weapon drawn at his knees. I did not in anyway want to shoot him, but would have without hesitation if it was me and my family, or him.

I don't think he will be coming out my way again, although I doubt he will straighten up.

Glad to hear everything worked out safely for you. Our Pitbull and Bullterrier would love to have someone try to break into our house so they would have someone to play with.

glad everything turned out ok...i think a couple days in stocks on the town square with kids throwing rotten fruit at them would stop some of this behavior :laugh:

Glad it turned out well. Be careful with warning shots.

If you were aiming for his knees.....your aiming too low. DM tell no tales.

Back