Stalker on the Interstate tonight

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I'm en route back to VA; just stopped off in some shady town in Illinois for some sleep, but it seems that h.org has once again called me...
tounge.gif

I was in Kansas City, stuck in tons of traffic (Missouri hates me; it's been hell going both ways this trip).  Once the traffic let up, I was rolling along at break neck speed (in a Taurus!  HA!) and noticed I had a follower...some guy in a red F-150 with H-D stickers in his back window.  He played cat and mouse with me for several miles, eventually passed and waved, slowed and let me pass him, waved again...you get the idea.

Well, he kept me awake for over an hour, so I didn't think much of it until it got dark.  I was slowly nearing St. Louis when I really needed to stop (drinking too much water does this!).  I noticed that whenever I'd get in another lane, he'd do the same, so I passed not one, but two rest stops to avoid being caught up with this guy in a dark, lonely place.  I'd slow and let him pass, hoping to pull off while he went ahead, but he always slowed back down; I don't drive slow, so I naturally kept passing him.  I was in Columbia, MO, tons of traffic, low on gas...I had to stop, so I made some evasive moves through traffic just before an exit, and low and behold, he did too...

I'm a smart gal, so I picked the busiest gas station and stopped.  He pulled in behind me, then ran around to the back of the station, out of sight.  I pumped gas, never saw him, and figured he lost his nerve to do whatever he had in mind.  Just as I was putting the gas cap back on, he walks out of the convenience store, walks straight over to me and offers his hand, tells me his name, asks about my VA plates...I don't scare easily, but this was a little weird...I made small talk to avoid pissing him off, he asked me to go for some coffee and I said that I really needed to hit the road and head home.  I knew he'd follow me if I left right then, so I said my goodbyes and went in to the store to kill some time.  

When I got in my car, he was gone...I was looking for him the last two hours of my ride, thinking he was sitting along the road waiting to see me go by...

Creepy...never had anyone do that before!

Who picks up gals on the interstate?!  
rock.gif
 Besides Ted Bundy...Jeffrey Dahmer (sp)...Son of Sam?

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "I'm tired..."|1079158187 -->

Uh actually I have before Michelle (yeah, now you think I am Ted bundy lol)

I only did it once, saw this HOT looking girl in a car, I was on my motorcycle (long time ago on my old bike before I got married just to clarify) I was heading to the coast on the twisties.. Anyway, I was checking her out, she was checking me out, I pointed for her to pull over and she did. We talked for about 30 minutes on the side of the road, then we drove to the next town and had lunch, smal talk, and that was it.. I think I got her phone number but I never called her.

But I wouldnt use me as a road marker, You were right to be suspicious, especially the way the world is so you did the right thing..

I have also just walked up to girls that I thought were attractive and asked them out to dinner when I have seen them in grocery stores, malls wherever. Most of the time they said yes.. not allways though lol.

Point is I am just kind of a bold person, and some guys are like that.

But as a general rule, if a guy is following you on the freeway, speed like hell and get away!!! lol

Glad you are ok Michelle

ok....before Rubbah has a major coronary....

we better review some of the...."Lets keep Em Alive " rules.

Michelle carries a fully functional cell phone...right?

Michelle carries a full can of bear spray at the ready?

Michelle wont ever place herself in this position again ?

Tune in tomorow , an' watch Em learn basic self-defence + how too rid one's self of potential scumbags in any situation + a little strength training + basic first aid . The first aid is usefull in keeping the assialant alive so they can stand trial an' be sentanced to life in prison .

we WILL talk girl .

hav a good & safe 1.....RSD .

10008949.jpg

i drove over the rode for a while through out time (big rig, car hauler, refer, flat bed, even dump truck) and let me say

WATCH OUT!!!!!!

there are some freaks out there

No Joke

Be carefull

How carefull?
rock.gif

carry a small hand gun or even big (just make sure you know how to use it and when)

watch out and stay sharp and avoid rest areas

i m sure you know whats up but belive me i have seen some freaks out there (not including my self)

Well thrasher, I'm envisioning a different person than I thought I knew!  
tounge.gif

gcal - I'm sure you have plenty of stories from the road!

RSD...I'm a smart gal...really...I watch the most insignificant things when I'm alone, probably thinking someone's up to something when they're just going about their business...I'm always working in my mind (as small as it is) what I'd do with what I have if I were approached, attacked, abducted etc...and I had a cell phone in my hand much of the time; I'm sure he saw it...

Gotta say though, this guy was your average, every day Joe and looked harmless, but I kept thinking "yeah, so was Ted Bundy!"

That's why I waited, painfully, past two rest stops before I found a heavily populated area to gas up...no weapons for me RSD...really should have carried some mace or something now that I think about it...as for self-defense?  No training on that either...you want to show me some moves!  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

I'm heading out again in a bit...over half way home...I'll be fine...as long as I don't see that damn red F-150!  None of you guys go looking for me either to scare me!  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079178303 -->

tounge.gif

You did the right thing. A well lit well populated spot is the best place if a confrontation has to occur. Be careful.

wink.gif

Well thrasher, I'm envisioning a different person than I thought I knew!  
tounge.gif
Uhh is that a good think or a bad thing? heheeh

Michelle!!!! be careful

One bit of advice, don't let your gas tank get below a half a tank before you re-fuel. That way you wont be forced to pull off the road if you don't think it is a good idea.

And remember, if you ever are attacked, the best thing to do is either ram your thumb into one of his eyes and try your best to touch his brain with your thumb, in most cases if it doesn't kill them it will slow them down..

Also, carry a small very sharp knife, like a surgical scalpel, and if attacked, cut the inside if the thigh near the groin from the rear to the front, this will usually sever their femoral artery.

This will usualy make them bleed out with in a few minutes, within the first minute they should have lost enough blood to not be worrying about you anymore

** DISCLAIMER ** I take no responsibilities for the actions of others that might take my whimsical advice on defense. All actions of others are their responsibility. Knowledge kills, but stupidity kills faster

that is pretty freaky. You did the right thing for sure.. coulda hurt MORE if you stopped at a desolate rest area.

I'm not a good lookin girl (
biggrin.gif
) , but when I travel alone, I always have somethin in the waiting!

ever see the movie Joy Ride??!!
sad.gif

That is crazy, I have to get rid of the red F-150 (poop). Just kidding glad that you were smart about it and went to a well populated area.

I see how you are, you drive right past my house, and don't even say hi. And I thought we were all friends here at Hayabusa.org.
laugh.gif
No, actualy I'm staying about 140 miles north of home (except for weekends) right now. This area is full of that type of "individual". Ain't got but 5 teeth, 2 in their head and 3 in their pocket. A P.O.S. truck, $5000 trailer, and a $30k Harley. Priorities you know.

You definitely did the right thing. You definitely need at least a can of pepper spray if you are going to be traveling. Too many wack jobs out there. I am finding more and more the mid-west has an over abundance of them. I can't wait to move to Florida.

Later,

Steve

I see how you are, you drive right past my house, and don't even say hi.  And I thought we were all friends here at Hayabusa.org.  
laugh.gif
  No, actualy I'm staying about 140 miles north of home (except for weekends) right now.  This area is full of that type of "individual".  Ain't got but 5 teeth, 2 in their head and 3 in their pocket.  A P.O.S. truck, $5000 trailer, and a $30k Harley.  Priorities you know.

You definitely did the right thing.  You definitely need at least a can of pepper spray if you are going to be traveling.  Too many wack jobs out there.  I am finding more and more the mid-west has an over abundance of them.  I can't wait to move to Florida.

Later,

Steve
Hey Tree - dont you have a red F-150. and werent you around that area the same night?

Hey Tree - dont you have a red F-150. and werent you around that area the same night?
Actualy I have a blue Toyota Tundra, 31 teeth in my head and one in my pocket, and no I wasn't in the area. I was in Decatur from Sunday evening untill Friday evening. Realy... Honest... And the one tooth in my pocket would not be funny if it were not true. Just ask FLCN72. It's a long story and not worth telling. But it's only in there when I eat.

Have a good week,

Steve

glad you're safe, Michelle. And yeah, I would recommend gettin some bear spray or a small knife. Heck, mebbe even both. And a nice .22 wouldn't be so bad either.

And if worse comes to worse, Thrasher gave some good advice. Try an stay away from that artery, though....mebbe it'll be better ot just stab 'em in da nuts.

Seriously, though: I'm glad that you are safe.

Sounds like you did the smart thing. I never liked Ford's anyway!
laugh.gif
I bet if he were in a Dodge he wouldn't have been so stupid.
rock.gif
Or is he stupid for being in the Dodge? Screw it I love HEMI's. BTW...I agree if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.
wink.gif

Thanks for all the advice guys...I did make it back home safely on Saturday night...getting back in to the swing of kids and family life...

The entire situation still gives me the creeps...just glad I wasn't on empty and could keep riding for so long to find a busy area...makes for a good travel story for me if nothing else...
smile.gif

As for me stopping to see h.org guys? I would have loved to do that, but it would have taken up most of my time on the road and I already had 4500+ miles in that car!! I was ready to turn it back in to the rental company!!! Plus, my hubby wouldn't approve of my doing that...he's sort of jealous of all you guys on here I think...

Back