Carrera S smoked me in the twisties

2hip

Registered
On my ride to work yesterday I could tell he wanted to show his little honey what his 70,000 dollar car could do. I was behind him as we hit a passing lane going up hill. I could hear his engine scream and we took off together. I could see his eyes were posted in the rearview watching to see if I would try to pass him. I acclerated with him and could easily have dumped it back into third and jacked it up. But we only had a hundred or so more yards before the hairpin. It is posted at 20 mph and I was close to 90mph before having to gear/brake down. I was right there with him...and then it was over. He was able to whip that car through the corner...and I scrapped muffler going through, completely weighted on the left side, no lead on my knee...and at the brink of being beyond my skill level. Once out of the turn and acclerating hard again he already had 40-50 yards on me. I could gain a little on him as long as it wasn't to tight of a turn...but once a tight turn came up...he walked away...

What do you think guys? Do powerful, low slung, wide stance supercars just rip up bikes in tight turns or am I just so lame? It wasn't even a close contest. 2hip

The weight and aerodynamic downforce on the comparitivly huge contact patch is what does it. I read a comparison between MotoGP and Formula 1 a while back, they were detailing corner G-forces of the 2. In the particular course and corner they used, the MotoGP bike (Rossi) registered 1.2 Gs, and the F1 (Schumy) registered almost 4 Gs. That's what happened to you.
But look at it this way, it cost him an extra 60 large to get away from you.:laugh:

Last edited:
this happend to me 2 summers ago with a zo6 corvette...but soon as the road straightend out I waved at him when I passed by......:laugh:

Compare F1 with MotoGP lap times on the same track ... not even close.

Rubens Barichello, Brawn GP, Spain 2009 (Jerez): 1:22.762 (best lap time), 202.484 mph (fastest average).

Valentino Rossi, Fiat Yamaha, Spain 2009 (Jerez): 1:39.818 (best lap time), 170.38 mph (fastest average, Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda)

A little insight why the Carrera S smoked you in the corner.

4 wheels better than 2, and all wheel drive owns the twisties as Hans Stook proved when he got invited to race in the US quite some time ago :lol:

With comparably competent operators and well equipped machines, a car will always dust a bike in the twisties. Just physics. Don't let it get to you!

--Wag--

I had a 550hp Z06 and it would easily out turn the busa in twisties. It was far more stable too. It felt like you were on rails, but a soon as the road straighten it would have been a wrap.

not saying that your not skilled but I agree with everyone, The busa just cant hang with the larger contact patch. smoke 'm off the line next time. Yeah

You have a Busa and he is still stuck with that lame ole Carrera! :laugh: You also would have an additional $60,000 that he has spent so let him have the corners and realize, you have a Busa so what's to prove? :beerchug:

The busa isn't the bike for the twisties first of all, but still, the room for error on a bike is so small and takes great skill to keep it on that balanced on the edge of peak performance and disaster. Cars are way more forgiving, don't get down man, just not your race.

Yep, like said many times up above, don't mess with a skilled sports car pilot in the twisties! I ripped a new Viper once, but he was playing on my terms.......very long and very straight stretch of highway! No contest.

Back