carnage

spkerhed

Donating Member
Registered
well started on my big bore kit but had no idea it was this entailed when I look at my bike I dont know if I should cry or throw up here are a few pics of the carnage so you folks can fell ill as well remember this could be your busa
jump9.gif

IMGP2254.JPG

took me and a mechanic 2 1/2 hours from a fully running bike to this just hopeng it wont take 2 1/2 years to get it back running
crazy.gif

I have what might be considered a dumb question...But why not just take the whole motor out and do all the work on a bench?

(spkerhed @ Oct. 25 2006,21:37) took me and a mechanic 2 1/2 hours from a fully running bike to this just hopeng it wont take 2 1/2 years to get it back running
crazy.gif
It shouldn't take you more than a winter of wrenching, cussing and experimenting to get it running dependably.

Just kidding!!!!!!!...............lol
I figure if I turbo thats gonna be the sched tho
wow.gif
AAAssjani.gif

Are those tiny things really the connecting rods or are the pistons being propped up on something else???

ouch, that looks painful. How many man hours have you put into that so far? And from the Aviation side, that things a Downer!
lurk.gif

I just can't find all the smilies that express how I would feel..
maybe  
all_coholic.gif
 and then

It can be nerve racking the first time it comes apart but after that first time you won't think twice the next time. I took mine apart this spring to install a turbo so I can relate to the situation.

<span style='color:silver'>Are those tiny things really the connecting rods or are the pistons being propped up on something else???</span>[/Quote]

Yes those tiny things are the rods. I have always heard that the rods are the weakest part in the hayabusa motor only good till mid-300hp levels.

always remember you gotta break it! to see how it works! and then you get to fix it

You'll get it back together, take your time no mistakes, they are costly

Back