Update on my engine meltdown.

Dayum, Paul. Sorry to hear.

I have a set of stock pistons, if you're interested...

The tuner guy didn't even raise the fuel tank when tuning my bike. At the time I didn't have the boost gauge mounted and the tuner said he didn't need to see the boost lbs. No rising rate adjustment, no manual adjustment of anything which I thought was odd. Just the adjustment through the PC3. He's been tuning bikes for a couple years so I figured it would be alright. He also told me my tune wasn't that far off from where it needed to be since I was using the previous turbo I had map. I'm not a trained tuner and took the guy's word. The bike ran fine for a week though I didn't run the rpms up too high, it started to act up the day it blew with stumbling here and there. The stumble were in the 2800-3800 range. I'll get it all figured out by checking every part and system thoroughly.

Whenever a turbo bike is tuned regardless of secondaries or FMU there should be a fuel pressure gauge present - even secondaries need to go 1:1 and the initial and final fuel pressure (and how quickly it gets there) is information a good turbo tuner uses when building his map, as is a boost gauge. The fact that there wasn't even a boost gauge present when your bike was "tuned" makes the entire session useless . . .:flush: part of
doing it right is taking it to the right tuner . . .:stoopid:

I would love to know if it was his work. ???

2nd that :popcorn: Thats SUX about the turner man, Guys need not F@#K with "RACE" bikes(and then charge good $$$ for it) if they dont know what the hell there doing!!! :devil:
I guess people are going to start having to see a PORTFOLIO before letting a tuner touch there bikes! Any dummy can run a dyno, BUT it takes a experienced person to set up a good map/tune.....just my :2cents: GOOD LUCK BROTHER :please:

ouch bro-thats some pretty nasty dmg you got there...hopefully your next tuner will be legit n not send you back to square one like this....really sorry Paul hope it all works out with your new tuner:beerchug:

Honestly, I dunno. The way things have worked out the last 3 years is I haven't had a bike to ride between the months of March-April to Aug. It seems something is always happening, wether it's my kidneys acting up or my bike isn't done. I'm almost ready to part out what I have and get a white 09'.

Of course I would find some reason to take apart the new bike.... :whistle:

Paul, why do you do this to yourself???

Honestly, I dunno. The way things have worked out the last 3 years is I haven't had a bike to ride between the months of March-April to Aug. It seems something is always happening, wether it's my kidneys acting up or my bike isn't done. I'm almost ready to part out what I have and get a white 09'.

Of course I would find some reason to take apart the new bike.... :whistle:

You aint happy unless you are always tinkering! And I know that you know what you are doing!
Just get a bike and drive the biotch will you? :thumbsup:
Enjoy the god damn thing...

You aint happy unless you are always tinkering! And I know that you know what you are doing!
Just get a bike and drive the biotch will you? :thumbsup:
Enjoy the god damn thing...
+1 to that My wife will never let me delete this photo. Sometimes you just want to give up, but don't. You just have to pick yourself up, brush off the dirt, and dig in again. It sucks, but then there runnung right, nothing compares.

blown engine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The best tuner in the world cant fix the fact that fmu's are pieces of ****e. Get a boost gauge and fuel pressure guage and watch them both closely each day depending on the humidity, barometric pressure and temp these readings will change I guarantee it so no matter what from day to day your map will be off from when it was dynoed. I have already been through this on a stage one kit and have gone back to nitrous because I was constantly working on the turbo every weekend and not riding. Dont get me wrong the turbo was cool but if I jump back in again it will be with a stage two set up and secondary injectors.

:( Feel like I just rode past a bad car wreck. Didn't want to look, but did anyway. :(

Good luck putting her back together!

What is so bad about stage 1 kits? I will be looking for one in the future possibly, because i miss my turbo car but dont see the point building another car when a turbo Busa can destroy just about any car on the road for a 1/4 of the price.

seems like it would be a good time to do that 1397 cc upgrade or larger?? send them in your head for exchange they wll have to bore it anyway...

Back